4,424 results
All reviews lower lobby central world the club lounge siam paragon f b excellent location four seasons business hotel easy access breakfast spread shopping mall bts station spasso skywalk gh mee gym
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Our Family of 4 stayed in this Grand Hyatt during Christmas Holiday 2012 for 4 days.
We stayed here because it is very close to everything and close to sky train too.

The Good:
Checking in was smooth and no problem there. One thing to mention was that we have two rooms and one for us and one for my two children. Grand Hyatt Erawan was very good in arranging our connecting room because I need to monitor my children in the middle of the night for they are under 18 years of age. This is very important to us and ERAWAN was able to do that. Even Shangri-la Bangkok during our previous stay many years ago was giving us the attitude about arranging connecting rooms for us. That’s why we are staying with Grand Hyatt Erawan from then on.

Breakfast buffet was very good with both local food and western food. Food quality is also very good except for the house coffee. Coffee is terrible.

Location wise is great, close to a few shopping malls but during Christmas holiday music from the near by shopping centre can be an issue at night time. However, they do shut it down around 11:30pm. So if you are a light sleeper, ask for room facing the back of the hotel.

A great surprise this time was that Erawan have a Chinese speaking Guest Service Officer, (Mr. Thiti Srikunarak). He is very polite, very helpful and very good in his Mandarin. For those who don’t speak fluent English, you have someone here to help you. Great’

Now the BAD:

Our family was originally putted in the “newly renovated” rooms but because of the strong smell of the paint so we asked to relocate back to the not yet renovated rooms.

During the process of changing rooms, I left a pair of black Italian dress shoes in the first assigned room and forgot about it until I was departing. That morning at 9:00am, I called down to the front office as well as the Housekeeping to let them know the situation. I told them I need to be out and will return in 2 hours to check out and pick up my stuff. I returned to my room and no voice message, no written message, no one from the house keeping bothered to follow up on my case. When I called down to the house keeping department, the lady in charge just said they can’t find it and they are not sure if it is still in the old room because someone is in there. This housekeeping person did not offer any solution and said nothing about following up on it. She just simply brushed me off as if I was troubling her.

Well, luckily for me, those were an old pair of Italian shoes and not a brand new Prada(USD$1000 a pair) or Gucci(USD$800 a pair) shoes otherwise, I would have to called the Bangkok police to file a report so my insurance will pay for my lost and hopefully find out who took them.

Our family was rushing to the airport that morning and it was an old pair of shoes so I let it go this time. For those who have valuable shoes and bags, please look after them even in your Grand Hyatt Erawan room because housekeeping are not going to do anything to help you if you lose it. Just totally disappointed. We have been to many Grand Hyatt hotels around the world but Erawan house keeping department has to be the worst.

If it wasn't for the house keeping, I would give our stay here a ***** for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BluePoolRoad
Reviewed 18 January 2013

After a year of trying out the various hotels in Bangkok, for service, amenities, restaurants, and location, the Grand Hyatt Erawan still remains amongst my favorites. Having had the opportunity to try out more things such as Tables, Bar 494, Spasso, and their new rooms but the Tea Room(in Erawan shopping center) is just as delicious as I remembered. They even went out of their way to make a soft shell crab dish, which was no longer on the menu, that I was craving for! We had the set menu at Tables and were amazed at the amount you get! We tried the entire appetizers section and had the wagyu steak with foie gras and she got a fish I don't quite recall. The steak was done to perfection and went beautifully with the foie gras. Spasso has great pizzas that really hit the spot and Bar 494 had a lot of wine choices at about 7-10USD a glass. The new rooms are comfortable and well designed but only a few floors have the new rooms so don't forget to ask. The executive lounge staff was very welcoming and the orange juice up there is the best in town for some reason. I love the location of that place as it's easily navigable by BTS and is surrounded by shopping and culture. Tip for the Erawan Shrine: buy your flower/incense offerings inside the gated area at the back of the shrine as it's cheaper. Tip for the spa: ask about the membership cards if your doing a couples package(big discount).

Room Tip: Stay away from service areas and try their newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

Housekeeping standards seemed to have dropped. We found an undergarment left behind by previous occupant in the wardrobe. Prefer the layout of the bathrooms before the renovation. Now the bathrooms feel small and cramped.

• Stayed: January 2013
NLacey, Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding you recent stay with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unacceptable service provided by our Housekeeping team. I can assure you that we will double our efforts to ensure our team are more meticulous when preparing gestrooms for our guests' arrival.

Thank you also for the feedback regarding our gestroom layout. No area of our rooms have changed in actual size, however, after feedback from our guests prior to our renovation program we have added a privacy door in the bathroom which may give the impression of this area being smaller.

Thank you again for your input and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

Best regards

Nicholas Lacey
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed in Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok before and after our Koh Samui trip. The whole experience was nothing but delightful. From airport pick up to complementary evening drinks, we were pampered and well taken care of.
To avoid spending extra time at customs on the way home, I asked the hotel to post the cookies I bought from the Bangkok airport. The staff on the club floor patiently assisted me with my request and the parcels arrived without any problem.
The interior decor of the club room was modern with a hint of local touch. Amazing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Having no power, no lights, no elevator no airconditioning is UNACCEPTABLE for any hotel.

And this is Grand Hyatt!!! How could this possibly happen??? No backup power???

I will never return to this hotel!!!

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Sonny H
NLacey, Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

We would like to take this opportunity to express our most sincere apologies for the unexpected electrical shutdown which impacted a number of our facilities in the evening of Wednesday, 16 January, 2013.

The convenience, comfort and safety of our guests is our utmost concern. During the shutdown, the hotel’s Engineering team worked closely with the team from Bangkok Metropolitan Electricity Authority to resolve the issue as quickly as possible until the power supply was back to normal in the late evening.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you. We can assure you that our power supply was restored to normal levels on the eveing of the 16th and all facilities are functioning as usual.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

Best regards