Firstly on arrival we had a very warm welcome by all on concierge desk and front main desk, after speaking with the front desk me and my girlfriend were told the room we booked wasn't available (although the hotel had 3 buildings to choose from) and we had to be moved into the smokers building, we weren't overly excited about this as we knew it would come with a stench of stale smoke and of course we were right. The hotel wasn't that busy either so I couldn't see why we weren't given the room we requested.
The rooms them selves are nice, dated but very nice, that is until you wish to take a shower and the shower didn't work properly, extremely temperamental and never had hot water.
Breakfast was very good until one morning they decided to stop serving bacon this really annoyed me as it was the main thing i ate for breakfast.
The swimming pools are a real sun trap and have all day sun shine so that was a bonus.
The best thing about this hotel was Mr Supachai Thongrak, he is the assistant concierge and should be in charge of them, he knew everything! He was so helpful with tours information, area information, no matter what we asked he was there to help. All hotels should have a Supachai Thongrak to set an example for everyone else.
The hotel is situated in an all access area for food, bars, shops and most important the sky train. you must ride this train if you are in Bangkok an all day pass is so cheap!
Overall our stay was okay, had Supachai Thongrak not been there it could have been a lot worse so a thank you goes to him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel