US$80
US$118
US$68
Agoda.com
1,873 results
All reviewsgerman beer housedeluxe suitenana btsnight lifeliving roomrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfaststreet foodsoinightlife
Reviewed 1 December 2014

Airport Transfer: There was an oversight but the handler resolved it fairly quick.
Check-In: Took a little longer than expected due to a large group ahead of me
Rooms: I always stay in Tower 3, which has the lowest category of rooms, but it works for me. They have recently been generally overhauled.
Staff: I have never had any complaints about the staff. Many have been working there for a long time, and remember returning guests.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MMinty78
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your precise comment on tripadvisor. We were pleased to learn that you find our Hotel suitable for you and the rooms in Tower 3 well appointed. It was also great to read that our staff are remembring our valued return guest and we sure hope that we can be service to you again in the near future.
With kind regards.
Grand President Team

Reviewed 11 November 2014

I stayed at these for 4 nights in November 2014. Booked the studio room in Tower 3(most of the studio rooms are in this tower) read reviews on Tripadvisor positive and negative thought of cancelling but went ahead finally. Reached Bangkok by 1am in the night took a taxi and every one knows the hotel 225 THB +75THB(toll gates) reached hotel around 2am.

Check in was fast, bellboy bought my luggage and tipped him went happily room is more than cool very big 2nd floor bathroom is little old but it doesn't matter to me this hotel is guest friendly. Breakfast is ok some Indian, Chinese and continental breakfast available. Very well suituated near to nana plaza and soi cowboy. I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If you can choose a room, I heard that tower1 have renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank christopher R
Reviewed 11 November 2014

Reasonable value for money compact apartments which have clearly been well used over the years.However they are very practical and well equipped with Kettle,microwave, crockery,fridge,Lcd tv,room safe with a bath and shower within the bathroom.
The free WI FI worked very well in the room.
Rooftop pool was nice in tower 3.Well equipped gym with a laundry room to the side.
Security guard at the entrance and access to the lifts with room key card only.
Decent German bar located at the bottom of the hotel.
Great location in Sukhumvit Soi 11.5 minutes walk to Nana Skytrain station.Plenty of choice of restaurants,bars,streetfood,convenience stores,beauty salons and currency exchange booths in very close proximity.Plenty of taxis to the airport etc outside hotel.
Book in advance for best deal.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a total of 8 times (150 nights) within the last 18 months. The location in soi 11 is great, shops and food nearby. As mentioned by other reviewers, the 3 towers differ in room quality. I have only ever stayed in junior suites in tower 1 and especially enjoyed the pool which can be accessed 24 hours (even though signs say it is closed after 10pm) and is a green oasis in an otherwise bustling, somewhat dirty city like Bangkok. The rooms are large and well-appointed but are starting to show a bit of wear and tear. Renovations should be undertaken in the near future to keep this property on a competitive level.

Even though there is only one "junior suite type" to be booked, the rooms vary by floor and location as I had to find out during my last two trips. The by now familiar layout seemed like it had shrunk, and, indeed on the fire escape map I could see that the corner suites are quite a bit smaller than the suites located in the middle of the floor. Also, the top floor has "design windows" which are smaller than the usual full-wall windows on lower floors. As a regular guest paying full rate, I felt a bit cheated but was not offered a room change when I called the front desk. I do not expect special treatment but as someone who (if they check their system they should see this) spends upwards of $10000 per year at this hotel I would have liked a bit of courtesy (either give me the normal suite or offer me a small freebie, fair is fair).
Breakfast has a lot of variety but can get crowded, especially between 9:30 and 10:30. Room service is timed unpredictably (sometimes 9:30am, sometimes not until 3pm) but they deserve a few words of praise: every room service employee I ever encountered in the hallway or elevator greeted me politely, even left the elevator to make space for me so I did not have to wait for the next one. Also, the rooms are cleaned quite well and even used dishes are washed and dried. One day I did not need service, so the following day the cleaner left 4 instead of the usual 2 free bottles of water included in the room price. This is not a big deal (maybe worth 25c) but in Bangkok "thinking" service like this is quite unusual. If someone deserves and appreciates a tip it is the room service crew at this hotel.
Front desk employees are very friendly, sometimes it gets confusing when trying to extend my stay (had to come back in the morning of my original departure date because they cannot check you in a day early). Credit card payments via the hotel website went through without issues and there were never any "mystery charges" as can happen in Bangkok. The only issue is that for some reason during 3-4 of my stays the hotel converted the original price into Euro for me at a 3% fee without me agreeing. I would have preferred to pay in Baht and have my cc company convert the price.

Summary: Old-school hotel with large rooms, great pool and breakfast, affordable but starting to age.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Fabian S
Reviewed 7 November 2014

Stayed with my wife and two small children. Right from check-in to check out the experience was wonderful. We stayed in a junior suite, tower 2. Quiet and away from the noise. Great room and space for the money. Booked through the hotel website directly which was the cheapest deal at that time. Special mention for Kate-The F&B manager at the coffee shop who made small origami birds and flowers for my 4 yr old daughter and really took to her. Thank you Kate. You're the reason we will return to Thailand.

Room Tip: The junior suite is worth it if travelling as a group of 3-4.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on tripadvisor, it was indeed a pleasure to read your words which keep us motivated. We were delighted that you enjoyed our room which offered good value for money and service, especially given by our F&B Mgr. Khun Kate. I shall inform her accordigngly as she is truly a great person.
We hope to welcome you back one day and remain.
With best wishes.