“Good location and great breakfast”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #746 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 December 2014

This Apartment Hotel is ideal due to it's location, levels of equipment in the kitchenette and the quality of the breakfast. Followers of my previous breakfast encounters will be aware that it is not easy to get a decent fried egg, this establishment can cook eggs and in many different ways, having said that I never saw any baked beans or hash browns on offer, but was never dissatisfied by what was on offer.

The rooms I stayed in were spacious and well appointed although the wooden furnishings were very dark and would look better a few shades lighter. There were so many drawers and cupboard I am sure that no one would have any difficulty with storage space. My first room was 1226 and it was OK until a family moved into the room next door and seemed to believe that letting a baby scream was fine, it's alright if it's just for a few minutes but hour after hour..... I call the reception about it and was immediately given another room 1926 which was identical except the view was a lot better.

I found the staff to be very helpful and wanting to please at every opportunity, not something you get at a lot of other hotels.

I recommend this Apartment Hotel and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room in Tower 2
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EddieLewis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,750)

Reviewed 4 December 2014

just stayed here with the wife for 3 nights, the suites are a good size and at 2500 baht per night represent good value for this part of Bangkok, the rooms are a bit dated with dark furniture and darkish tiling, but after a day or so you get used to it. WiFi is sloooowwww, and cleaners could have done a better job, but all in all, the location is excellent in the middle of Restaurants Bars and Night clubs, the BTS sky train System is just at the end of the street.
Bed was a bit hard and bedding and towels not the newest I have ever come across, but generally an ok place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in 704 and this room overlooked the swining pool from a floor above. not bad view of Bangers...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank johnsamui
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Firstly on arrival we had a very warm welcome by all on concierge desk and front main desk, after speaking with the front desk me and my girlfriend were told the room we booked wasn't available (although the hotel had 3 buildings to choose from) and we had to be moved into the smokers building, we weren't overly excited about this as we knew it would come with a stench of stale smoke and of course we were right. The hotel wasn't that busy either so I couldn't see why we weren't given the room we requested.
The rooms them selves are nice, dated but very nice, that is until you wish to take a shower and the shower didn't work properly, extremely temperamental and never had hot water.
Breakfast was very good until one morning they decided to stop serving bacon this really annoyed me as it was the main thing i ate for breakfast.
The swimming pools are a real sun trap and have all day sun shine so that was a bonus.
The best thing about this hotel was Mr Supachai Thongrak, he is the assistant concierge and should be in charge of them, he knew everything! He was so helpful with tours information, area information, no matter what we asked he was there to help. All hotels should have a Supachai Thongrak to set an example for everyone else.
The hotel is situated in an all access area for food, bars, shops and most important the sky train. you must ride this train if you are in Bangkok an all day pass is so cheap!
Overall our stay was okay, had Supachai Thongrak not been there it could have been a lot worse so a thank you goes to him.

Room Tip: Wouldn't matter if i did as they made us stay in the smoking rooms anyway - so we weren't ev...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James B
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you for having taken the time to write a review on tripadvisor. We appreciate the feedback and we can learn from the pros and cons mentioned in your write up. Firstly, I would like to apologies that we have given you a smoking room which is unacceptable. It can happen that when we run high occupancy that we are not able to provide the preferred room type, however, I will talk to the Front Office manager accordingly to be more careful.
We were happy to read regarding the praise of Khun Supachai and we are delighted the way you were praising him,. We shall inform him accordingly and give him a small token of appreciation.
We hope that you will return to Grand President one day and remain.
With best regards.
Grand President Team

Reviewed 1 December 2014

Airport Transfer: There was an oversight but the handler resolved it fairly quick.
Check-In: Took a little longer than expected due to a large group ahead of me
Rooms: I always stay in Tower 3, which has the lowest category of rooms, but it works for me. They have recently been generally overhauled.
Staff: I have never had any complaints about the staff. Many have been working there for a long time, and remember returning guests.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MMinty78
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your precise comment on tripadvisor. We were pleased to learn that you find our Hotel suitable for you and the rooms in Tower 3 well appointed. It was also great to read that our staff are remembring our valued return guest and we sure hope that we can be service to you again in the near future.
With kind regards.
Grand President Team

Reviewed 11 November 2014

I stayed at these for 4 nights in November 2014. Booked the studio room in Tower 3(most of the studio rooms are in this tower) read reviews on Tripadvisor positive and negative thought of cancelling but went ahead finally. Reached Bangkok by 1am in the night took a taxi and every one knows the hotel 225 THB +75THB(toll gates) reached hotel around 2am.

Check in was fast, bellboy bought my luggage and tipped him went happily room is more than cool very big 2nd floor bathroom is little old but it doesn't matter to me this hotel is guest friendly. Breakfast is ok some Indian, Chinese and continental breakfast available. Very well suituated near to nana plaza and soi cowboy. I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If you can choose a room, I heard that tower1 have renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo