US$150
US$85
US$106
US$67
Agoda.com
Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$136
US$404
US$314
Hotels.com
1,864 results
All reviewsdeluxe suitenana btsstandard roomnight lifeliving roombuffet breakfaststreet foodsoimicrowavenightlife
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Worst hotel ever stayed in its advertised as luxury on booking.com couldn't be further from the truth keep away from this place horrible
Staff was awful too couldn't eat in the dining room it stank building works constant
It totally ruined our honeymoon

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chics2013
GP-ESA, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Chic,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regret to learn that you were not satisfied with the service at our restaurant and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
We have taken note of your feedback and we will do everything possible to take additional steps to improve and enhance our guest experience.
Your comments are a great encouragement to all at the Grand President and serve to motivate us to deliver you an even higher level of service and warm welcome on your next visit.
We wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in Bangkok where we shall make sure you have a pleasant stay.

Yaowapha Sankong –

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I reviewed this hotel in January this year and have since stayed in February and November of this year so this will be a hybrid of both stays. In February I stayed for a number of days in the new Premium Suites. They are immaculate and very well decorated and resourced, however the suite I was in had no windows and this was a deal breaker for me. I asked to moved to the older delux suites in Tower 2 and had a very clean and extremely spacious corner suite. I had an enjoyable and problem free two week stay. The lined and bath robes were new the bathroom could have done with remodelling but as I only spend a little time in the bathroom it was not a problem.

In November I returned for a three week stay and again was given a corner delux suite in tower two. These are HUGE, the suite was clean and whilst a little dated suited me. The bathroom again was the weak point as whilst everything worked properly and there was ample hot water, it definitely had a dilapidated look.

The staff as always were fantastic especially the girls on the reception desk and the concierge, nothing is ever too much trouble. The way the staff are treated by some of the guests was appalling and the way they maintained a degree of calm and politeness should earn them a medal!! The staff are probably the main reason I keep coming back.

Breakfast was always adequate for me although seating can be at a premium later in the morning .The evening thai food is cheap and very good.

If you want a brand new chrome and sparkling hotel this is not for you. But for a comfortable, clean and very well priced hotel with huge suites go for it. I have not stayed in either tower 1 or 3 so I cannot comment on the rooms there. I love this place and will be back soon.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the largest and in my view the most comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
GP-ESA, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Justtravellinat60,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your kind review of your recent stay at Grand President.
It is great to hear that you appreciated over all hotel facilities including the condition of room together with the best location in town and especially of service mind from staff.
Thank you once again for your kind words. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family again at the Grand President in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel is not dedicated to human accommodation The hotel is full of insects and filth. Clean rooms are dirty. The important thing is that the hotel is not good for accommodation. bed baaaad. path room dirty

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank bader a

Dear Bader a,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regret to learn that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

When you approach the lobby and see the renovated look....don’t be fooled!! When you see the nice Starbuck’s right across the lobby....don’t be fooled! At check in I thought I made a good hotel selection. However, immediately opening the door of my room, I knew otherwise! The decor was much more dated/shabby than the photos on the American Express Travel site. As I do with all my rooms, I scan to see how good of a job housekeeping did. Aside from food and debris still in the kitchen sink & sticky stains on surface tops, the property has roaches!! At first I thought I was overreacting. My friend was with me who had a room of her own next door. We both went back to the front desk immediately after checking in. Because no one was at the front desk, I went over to the Manager on Duty desk to explain my dissatisfaction with the room and the bug I saw. She seemed annoyed by my complaint and I had to quickly let her know the tone she thought she was going to use with me, was not happening that day. So, housekeeping was called to return to our rooms to clean. I felt bad as the gentlemen who came up appeared to be a bellhop and not really housekeeping. He came with a bottle of spray and a rag/cloth. I informed him that he’ll need more than that to address the bugs. My friend and I go downstairs while he re-cleans our rooms. Upon return, the food in the drain and sticky stains were gone. HOWEVER, a bug crawls by again. This time I’m convinced this is a roach.

At this point my friend and I know we will not be staying at the property. We go back downstairs and sit in the lobby to find another hotel to transfer to. Once we find one, we inform the front desk rep that we would like to check out. After being asked why, we explained the same thing as I did above. Because I had prepaid my reservation I was told to contact Expedia. I informed the rep that I had booked with American Express Travel (my reservation was outsourced). I had a number for Amex while out of the country to call and asked if I could use the phone, that request was denied. I asked for documentation to take that I could provide to Amex to later submit my dispute. I was given a copy of the check-in form I filled out (had my handwritten reason for checking out), a copy of the receipt when they swiped my card multiple times to secure a security deposit at check in and a business card (I requested so Amex could have someone to contact). The front desk rep expressed apologies for my dissatisfaction with the room and said I would receive my refund once I contacted my provider who would contact them.

Thankfully, my friend booked through another vendor where she presented payment at check in. So, they reversed her charges when we checked out. Me on the other hand, I’ve been going back and forth with American Express Travel since 11/16 because when the reps call they each say, the property hangs up on them. One of the managers was able to get through to inquire about an email sent on behalf of my complaint and refunding the payment the property received, and the property stated they had not received the email. The rep could not provide insight about my experience. Today is 11/30 and American Express Travel has yet to reach someone at the property who can provide the authorization to refund my money (this is altogether a separate issue, but with Amex).

Not only was the hotel dirty, but good luck getting resolution from the hotel should you encounter the same issue. Booking this hotel was a BIG MISTAKE!!

Should the property respond to this review, let’s discuss the processing of my refund. Kind regards!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tiffany H
GP-ESA, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Tiffany H,

Reviewed 29 November 2017

My wife and I are frequent travellers to Bangkok and we decided to stay at this hotel for a change; we wish that we hadn't. We arrived at the hotel at 5.15pm on 25th November after travelling in from Myanmar and after an interminable 2-hour taxi ride in awful traffic from the airport. Such was the crush of people in and around the Reception of the hotel we didn't get to the front of the queue until 5.45pm. The Receptionist, an angel with immense patience, tried as best she could to get us a room that was prepared and failed - despite the fact that we had a longstanding booking, so she sent us off with vouchers for drinks asking us to reappear at 6.30pm. We duly represented ourselves at the appointed time and were told that the room was not finished but we could go and wait for it to be complete; it took us quite some time to even locate the room because it had not been explained to us that the hotel is spread over three separate sites! While sitting waiting for the cleaning to be finished I noticed that the WiFi in the room was not working at all. The angelic, unflappable and incredibly patient Receptionist came to our room herself and connected us instead to the WiFi of the adjoining rooms. So, despite arriving at the hotel early evening, the cleaning of the room took until 7.15pm, and eventually we managed a shower and change of clothes and to go out at 8.30pm; not quite what we had previously envisaged for our first night's stay! We found the air-conditioning to be highly effective but also very noisy; the comfort of the beds was was marred by the concrete nature of the pillows. The bathroom was OK, and shower was powerful but inexplicably noisy. I am sorry to say that our check-in experience coloured our impression of, and indeed our stay, at this hotel, and we consequently felt disinclined to use any of its facilities; even going elsewhere for breakfast. I would not stay here again, too busy, too impersonal, but with an incredible lady on Reception.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nick H
GP-ESA, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Nicholas H,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regret to learn that you were not satisfied for overall and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
And we look forward to the next visit will be as pleasant as the last