Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Paul M
Toronto, Canada
Tawana for 18 days
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Jan 2013
My wife and i found ourselves having to make an unplanned stop in Bangkok for 18 days. After ditching a rather wanting 'boutique' hotel we ended up at the Tawana, in their cheapest room. The bed was soft, the room fairly spacious and the staff very helpful. Everything was clean, the hotel has super fast free in-suite WIFI and the location was excellent, walking distance to both the skytrain, subway and Lumphini Park...and just steps away from tons of restaurants and the night market. 18 days in Bangkok is wayyyyy too long for my tastes, but the Tawana made it bearable.
Date of stay: December 2012Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.2 km from The Tawana Bangkok
1.4 km from The Tawana Bangkok
Pool
View more hotels in Bangkok
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2013

A bit vanished over time, but the rooms are more than ok (especially if you ask for a room at the quiet back site.Perfect location! Good value for money.Breakkie is average, but everyting is there.

Small but excellent pool.

Room tip: Back site of the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rob J
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Perfect position in surrawong road among all the nightlife and excitement of the silom area.

This hotel has seen better days but the service is great and the rooms are big enough not to worry, especially given the excellent location.

Sure there are newer flasher hotels in the city but for this price its good value and easy to get around from here with the BTS just a few blocks away.

More upmarket guests will want to try the meridien just up the road but for people wanting value this is it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Want a simply convenient ,good hotel close to the night ( Patpong ) market ? You got it - around 2 minutes away , even at the level of a junior suite the price is still good and you`ll got all the place you need for the shopping you made - breakfast is in line with the level of this kind of hotel and when you leave it`s around 40 minutes to the airport ( 300 baht )

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I've stayed here several times. I think it was a Sheraton back in the 80's and then a Ramada. Now, the Tawana is still under good hands and it shows. The hotel has a decent size room with all the trimmings. TV, in-room-safe, mini fridge, all bathroom amentities and good air conditioning. There was a relaxing outdoor pool with an ample amount of lounge chairs. The staff was super nice and helpful. Have them get you taxis and they can tell the driver your destination. Don't negotiate the price unless it is super cheap. The meter rate is usually less. Best of all...Location, location, location. Almost at the end of Patpong, where you spend your evenings shopping or partying. There is a McDonalds, a Family Market and 7 Eleven close by. You can walk to the Chao Phayara River but a tuk tuk is advisable because of the heat. The breakfest was super, lots of choices. I can't say anything on the downside of this hotel and will stay there again, probably this summer.

Room tip: Their all good rooms but facing the pool is always one of my favorites.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel seems to be fading away in the face of more modern and brighter competition. An old style "grand entrance" from a rather gloomy street leads to a staircase to reception with a bakery shop plonked in the centre. The staff were pleasant but spent rather a long time outlining their policy of no visitors to guest rooms after 6 PM: I don't think my Thai business colleague and I looked all that suspicious!
The room was a little dark and very dated, although clean and well made up. The bathroom was good.
Breakfast was excellent and the setting very bright and pleasant. For me the highlight came when I accompanied some senior Thai colleagues from the meeting I attended to the restaurant for a buffet lunch. The buffet was extremely good in range, quality and freshness. But what really impressed me was when one of the chefs, an Englishman, offered to make me a Caesar salad, which was beautiful. He followed this up by arranging a dish of baked ham with a fruit based salad and simple garnishing which he brough me, unsolicited to our table: when my senior colleague admired the dish he prepared it for her, and when I later went to choose desert he suggested he prepare me one "his style" which was a simple but beautiful ice cream, creme caramel and berry fruit concoction. The experience dramatically changed my feelings about the hotel because with staff like that many other things can be overlooked!

Date of stay: November 2012