Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$115
Hotels.com
US$99
US$72
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$126
TripAdvisor
US$609
US$382
Official Site
All reviewsdon muang airportdomestic airportclose to the airportnice hotelfree shuttlebetween flightshotel amenitiesbig bathtubearly flightroom was largeinternational buffetbreakfast and dinnerheavy trafficstayed here for one nighthotel offersdowntown bangkokcheck in was quick
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We chose this hotel for its location (close to Don Muang Airport), free shuttle to DMK and reasonable pricing. There should not be any reason for you to choose this hotel. Here's why -

1. My husband's birthday was falling on the same day as we reached. So, I emailed the hotel a week before we reached to arrange for a cake at midnight. Noone ever replied.

2. After reaching the hotel, I requested for a surprise cake at 12. However, they messed up the "surprise" part.

3. I asked them to get a matchbox/lighter to light the candle. The room service chap said 2 minutes and vanished. After 15 minutes of waiting, we gave up and cut the cake.

If I ever come here again it will only be because I have an early morning flight from Don Muang airport. No other reason.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I agree that it is a very large hotel and seems to be in a very good condition despite all the years built. I booked because was coming from Pattaya and had a morning flight from the old terminal they suppose to have a shuttle and I try to get it from the airport and didnt found it, asked the information desk and nobody know, looked for the hotel shuttle bus stop and in half an hour no one show up so at the end after one hour lost I ended taking a taxi.

Check in was nice, fast and friendly then I tried to go downtown to the hard rock cafe to buy a tee from bangkok and taxi was expensive as we were retired from the city... The beds are confortable but there is an airport in the terminal that cost the same and will be easier to reach so in the end if I go back to Bangkok I will choose a more centrally located hotel or the inside terminal one

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank beachguy
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Not a great location if your hoping to see and shop around Bangkok, but if your at something on that end of town or need to be near the old airport, then this hotel will work.
Hotel could use some work and needs some updating, that's for sure. Place was clean and tidy, just dated and in need of some repairs.
Breakfast was included and was fine, fairly good assortment for the price! Pool area was great for a quick cool off from the Bangkok heat. They do have a spa and you can get thai massages right there.
Again, if you need to be on that end of town this hotel will work.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The “Grand Convention” is more like a sleep-over factory than a hotel where guest could feel themselves welcomed and comfortable. The Miracle in its name seems to be a riddle. It’s not from the outdated furniture in the rooms or from the old wooden bathroom cabinets that are screaming for a fresh painting. It’s not from the unfriendly staff at the front desk treating you like a number. It’s definitely not from the stains in the bed linen or in the towels. The hotel calls itself 5*. From our point of view 2,5* is more appropriate.

The rate of one night stay inclusive of transfer to the airport (10 min drive) had given us no unexpected surprises because that was in our own hands. we have chosen this hotel because of its location close to the airport and our early morning flight after the overnight.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johan_Toon
Reviewed 14 November 2012

spent one night since I was in transit in Bangkok, and my travel agent booked me there. There's nothing to do there, its a place you want to be only if you are homeless. When I went for breakfast, I almost left, the toaster was not cleaned in months, the coffee machine was sticky...you get the picture.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business