“Downward spiral”

Miracle Grand Convention Hotel
Ranked #241 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I was in charge of a delegation back in 2007 when we selected this hotel to stay at - it was quite nice then. However, I went back in December 2012 and found the rooms to be very shabby. The carpeting was dirty, the furniture was dinged-up and the walls were scraped. It was a hassle to have the AC turn off when you pulled your card key from the wall when you leave the room. My colleague's work-around was to get another key and keep it in the room so you don't walk into a stifling room at the end of the day. We selected this hotel due to the proximity to the Asian Pacific Postal Union, less than a mile away, but I will not go back to the place when I might be in Bangkok next. I would add that the staff was nice, the restaurants were tasty, the breakfast was great and the room rates were reasonable - I had just come to expect more...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Miraclegroup, General Manager at Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Goldtoothedvillans,

Greetings from Miracle Grand Convention Hotel.

Firstly, thank you for your feedback and I am glad to inform you that the hotel has confirmed with a high profile Interior Designer to renovate the hotel.

The area that will be going through the renovation is the Convention area that will commence from 1 April 2013. After the completion, we will be working on the room accommodation.

In addition, to your feedback about our staff are nice, rates are reasonable and the food is good, I convey my thanks and hope that you will return to see a new look of Miracle Grand Convention Hotel.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback.

Patrick Tan

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We chose this hotel for its location (close to Don Muang Airport), free shuttle to DMK and reasonable pricing. There should not be any reason for you to choose this hotel. Here's why -

1. My husband's birthday was falling on the same day as we reached. So, I emailed the hotel a week before we reached to arrange for a cake at midnight. Noone ever replied.

2. After reaching the hotel, I requested for a surprise cake at 12. However, they messed up the "surprise" part.

3. I asked them to get a matchbox/lighter to light the candle. The room service chap said 2 minutes and vanished. After 15 minutes of waiting, we gave up and cut the cake.

If I ever come here again it will only be because I have an early morning flight from Don Muang airport. No other reason.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I agree that it is a very large hotel and seems to be in a very good condition despite all the years built. I booked because was coming from Pattaya and had a morning flight from the old terminal they suppose to have a shuttle and I try to get it from the airport and didnt found it, asked the information desk and nobody know, looked for the hotel shuttle bus stop and in half an hour no one show up so at the end after one hour lost I ended taking a taxi.

Check in was nice, fast and friendly then I tried to go downtown to the hard rock cafe to buy a tee from bangkok and taxi was expensive as we were retired from the city... The beds are confortable but there is an airport in the terminal that cost the same and will be easier to reach so in the end if I go back to Bangkok I will choose a more centrally located hotel or the inside terminal one

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank beachguy
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Not a great location if your hoping to see and shop around Bangkok, but if your at something on that end of town or need to be near the old airport, then this hotel will work.
Hotel could use some work and needs some updating, that's for sure. Place was clean and tidy, just dated and in need of some repairs.
Breakfast was included and was fine, fairly good assortment for the price! Pool area was great for a quick cool off from the Bangkok heat. They do have a spa and you can get thai massages right there.
Again, if you need to be on that end of town this hotel will work.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The “Grand Convention” is more like a sleep-over factory than a hotel where guest could feel themselves welcomed and comfortable. The Miracle in its name seems to be a riddle. It’s not from the outdated furniture in the rooms or from the old wooden bathroom cabinets that are screaming for a fresh painting. It’s not from the unfriendly staff at the front desk treating you like a number. It’s definitely not from the stains in the bed linen or in the towels. The hotel calls itself 5*. From our point of view 2,5* is more appropriate.

The rate of one night stay inclusive of transfer to the airport (10 min drive) had given us no unexpected surprises because that was in our own hands. we have chosen this hotel because of its location close to the airport and our early morning flight after the overnight.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple