“Don't get cheated with bed size advertised and main wing vs corner wing!”
Review of Davis Bangkok

Davis Bangkok
Ranked #263 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 December 2017

To conclude: don't get cheated!

We booked 1 room for 2 nights at The Davis (not Davis Corner Wing) on Agoda on the morning on 20th December 2017 for the night stay of 20th and 21st Dec 2017. We chose room type Studio that comes with a king sized bed.

Upon checking in we were informed that our room was allocated in the Corner Wing (due to full house) and our room came with a queen sized bed (instead of the advertised kind sized bed). Upon checking with the front desk we were told that all rooms at the Davis comes with this bed which they call “king size”. After having been to numerous hotels worldwide and in Thailand, i am certain my judgement of what is queen size and what is king size is correct. However your staff insisted that “this is what Davis calls as king size”.

I negotiated that i will accept this room - but additional bedding be provided, but i was told to pay and that no free bedding will be provided. I was also told that Agoda is the one that had cheated me, not Davis (this was told to me by Mr Max in the elevator when going to view one of the other rooms offered).

I am totally shocked by the way the front desk, addressed this issue - no apology, no offer to assist. All the while playing the game of “this is what Davis calls as king size bed”.

Well, i realise my credit card has been deducted of the fee and there is no getting back my money or the comfort i expected of Davis. However lets see if i can warn others coming to this property from being victimised as well.

Disappointed. If you still can, I suggest you look elsewhere!

Room Tip: read reviews - read d good AND the bad ones - they speak the truth!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Surinjeet S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We booked this hotel for a team trip, emailing direct in order to make the booking.
A bank deposit was paid in advance and the only booking condition we were given when booking was "non refundable within one month of the trip date". I specifically asked for the conditions as I knew we needed some flexibility with this trip.

Three weeks before I requested to move the booking to a later date - as we could no longer attend the hockey tournament we were coming to Bangkok for - and the hotel claims that our booking was non amendable and non cancellable. However, this was disclosed nowhere and on the website there are rooms that allow you to cancel up until 3 days before.

I have never had such terrible communication and service with a hotel, especially when we booked with them directly and paid them cash deposit (not a credit card on a booking site where I understand there is less flexibility).

This hotel has basically stolen THB 50,000 from us. I wanted to stay there next year Dec and simply requested they use this deposit as a deposit for then - but they will not let us move my booking and said we are a no show.

I emailed them about 5 times in the three weeks leading up to the booking date requesting it to be moved, telling them to sell the rooms to other guests. I always had to email twice in order to get a response.

I cannot believe this is how they treat repeat customers who have twice previously brought over 22 people to stay at this hotel over the past five years and wanted to do the same again in the future.

I would recommend that you only stay here if you want ZERO flexibility in your booking - emailing them and booking directly via email with a cash deposit and balance paid in full means nothing.
I would have been better off using hotels.com on my credit card, earning some airmiles and I would have had a better disclosure of the terms they impose on the booking upfront.

If this hotel had been upfront on their terms and conditions when I was making enquiries and booking, I would never have booked and definitely not paid the deposit - which they wanted over two months in advance - and the balance of payment which they wanted one month in advance.

I am so disappointed at this treatment and in over 200 hotels I have stayed at, have never had such non-understanding service from hotel management.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank TessaClare
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We booked Davis through Expedia because it looks nice and comfortable for the last stop of our travel through Asia. We liked it because it showed a nice pool and a great price. When we arrived we found out that it’s actually 2 different building that are a small block apart and the great deal we got was of course for the building that didn’t have a pool. I was upset because I wanted to bring my daughter to the pool so they upgraded me to the other building me with out charging me the additional $7 USD per night it would have cost(yes, Bangkok is very cheap). The next day we went to purchase the Breakfast buffet in the lobby that Expedia advertised for 200 Thb($600USD), but the hotel said it’s $250 thb and would not honor the advertised price. Not the end of the world. There’s actually 2 pools: 1 in the back near the villas and 1 on the roof. We went to the roof pool and my wife went to the spa. Both were good. Overall experience was pretty good. The only mistake was listening to the advice of the concierge, which is pretty much always a bad idea in Thailand because they just send you to whoever will give them a financial kickback. We asked the concierge for a restaurant and he literally sent us to the most expensive restaurant in Bangkok that I’ve ever seen. The food was good, not great but cost 2-3 times more than anywhere else.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We had a great stay here - the location is fabulous (in the upscale Sukhumvit area accessible to main street) and the hotel itself is beautiful with modern vibe. It has both old and new building - but the old building looks no less. The only caveat is that we had to pay hefty charges for early check-in as the receptionist was not accommodating of our request - so just be mindful of this. And stay here :)

Room Tip: if you're a couple, you can go for their affordable studio room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Great location In the cbd close to the mall ane sky train.

Room was roomy and had everything you would want. Th3 only thing i asked for non smoking and the room stunk of stale cigarettes. Good size bathroom, good room, Good spa but tiny roof swimming pool

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple