“A sweet surprise”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Reviewed 6 June 2020

We were wandering around MBK towards the end of our vacation and saw long lines here. Usually a good sign so we waited on line a few minutes and were very happy we did. If you're in the mood for an inexpensive sweet dessert this fits the bill. We got one coconut and one pandan toast and both were delicious.

If we ever make it back to Bangkok this is on our list of places to revisit.

Date of visit: January 2020

Reviewed 21 February 2020

Was there for an afternoon teabreak. The steamed toasts were really soft and went really well with their famous custard dip! The milktea was equally nice and we enjoyed very much!

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank YitSengC1
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

All my mates raved about this joint. “Nom Sod”literally means fresh milk and I take it that the founders were one of the early pioneers.

Having devoured a crate load of delicious vegetarian food from the 5th Flr food court of the MBK centre, thus exhausting whatever was left on my Rabbit card, it was decided to have pudding at this well known joint hidden towards the far/ hotel end of the 2nd floor.

Certainly popular particularly among students from nearby chulalankorn university as there was a queue and was jam packed, I ordered a green condensed milk and taro dip with toasted bread alongside strawberry flavoured milk which apparently this place is famed for.

Well, the bread was soft and nothing spectacular and the condensed milk and strawberry flavoured milkshake drink I found to be too sweet for my liking. Not too far off from something I could have prepared at home with a jar of nesquick for free actually!!

Well, perhaps my palate is different and I’m not into super sweet diabetes causing, syrupy type deserts but appears to be popular among locals.

I wouldn’t be going back for a bit of spread on toasted bread..... I’ll stick to the food court!!

Date of visit: September 2019
3  Thank stet20
Reviewed 31 July 2019 via mobile

Loved what this place has to offer,even the simple bread was just different and amazing.we visited it almost every day and it was always jam packed.Guys just try the milk and the so yum bread with their spreads.Its too goood

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank yaana930
Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

The first time we went there, we reached around 8.15 pm and the store was all out of toast! (Even though the store operates till 9 pm.) There was only strawberry milk and chocolate milk left :( so I ordered one each for my children. They were happy with the taste.
The next day, I made sure we went earlier. We reached around 3.30 pm on a Thursday. There was a full house and we waited around 2 minutes for a table. (I was disappointed to find that Taro flavor is only served on Mondays.) We ordered the original custard and pandan toast for the adults, and sugar toast for the children. We all enjoyed the food. Toast cost around 20-25 THB while milk cost around 40-60 THB depending on size.

Date of visit: June 2019