“like sweets?”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Neighbourhood: Pathum Wan
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

the mont nom sod is one of the most popular dessert and milk restaurants in bangkok. i never went there without a queue. but even it looks like long waiting time, as always in thai restaurants... people dont sit and talk after eating, they pay and go. so even the queue looks long the waiting time is acceptable.

and it‘s worth to wait. their steamed bread with egg custard, or the large variety of milk drinks compensate for the waiting time.... all i can say it‘s yummy and i will go back because i want to try everything😉

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank rainerstaub

Reviewed 6 June 2020

We were wandering around MBK towards the end of our vacation and saw long lines here. Usually a good sign so we waited on line a few minutes and were very happy we did. If you're in the mood for an inexpensive sweet dessert this fits the bill. We got one coconut and one pandan toast and both were delicious.

If we ever make it back to Bangkok this is on our list of places to revisit.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 21 February 2020

Was there for an afternoon teabreak. The steamed toasts were really soft and went really well with their famous custard dip! The milktea was equally nice and we enjoyed very much!

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank YitSengC1
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

All my mates raved about this joint. “Nom Sod”literally means fresh milk and I take it that the founders were one of the early pioneers.

Having devoured a crate load of delicious vegetarian food from the 5th Flr food court of the MBK centre, thus exhausting whatever was left on my Rabbit card, it was decided to have pudding at this well known joint hidden towards the far/ hotel end of the 2nd floor.

Certainly popular particularly among students from nearby chulalankorn university as there was a queue and was jam packed, I ordered a green condensed milk and taro dip with toasted bread alongside strawberry flavoured milk which apparently this place is famed for.

Well, the bread was soft and nothing spectacular and the condensed milk and strawberry flavoured milkshake drink I found to be too sweet for my liking. Not too far off from something I could have prepared at home with a jar of nesquick for free actually!!

Well, perhaps my palate is different and I’m not into super sweet diabetes causing, syrupy type deserts but appears to be popular among locals.

I wouldn’t be going back for a bit of spread on toasted bread..... I’ll stick to the food court!!

Date of visit: September 2019
3  Thank stet20
Reviewed 31 July 2019 via mobile

Loved what this place has to offer,even the simple bread was just different and amazing.we visited it almost every day and it was always jam packed.Guys just try the milk and the so yum bread with their spreads.Its too goood

Date of visit: July 2019