“Nice jewel of a restaurant in Conrad Bangkok”
Review of Liu Restaurant

Liu Restaurant
Ranked #1,138 of 11,249 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent quality and service. Great ambiance. We were greeted with kindness and smiles. We received attention as if we were the only customers in the restaurant. Relaxing atmosphere with soft music and lighting. Cashew nuts were served as we reviewed the menu. A couple of recommendations upon our request were delicious. We enjoyed the shrimp fritters, a hearty hot and sour soup, sticky rice with crab, sweet and sour chicken, red rose tea and fresh chilled mango pudding. The food quality was exceptional. Undoubtedly, a jewel in the crown of Conrad Bangkok.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I went in for lunch. Very good Yum Cha dim sum dumpling dishes. Very good service which you would expect as it is inside the 5 star Conrad Hotel.
Prices are high but the quality is very good.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

We had an included 5 course meal on our hotel package. There were not many diners here but we were placed on a large table right outside an open private dining area. This would have been ok except for the raucous and persistent shouting from one of those guests.
The staff were attentive and friendly and the meal started with a lovely set of 3 appetiser. Then we got a broth which had great ingredients but in itself was rather tasteless. The highlight of the meal came next and was a brilliant Peking duck. Each piece was constructed with a sheet of crispy duck skin on top. Very tasty.
The 3 mains were not great and definitely not anything I would have ordered. Desert was ok but overall the experience was underwhelming from such a special hotel restaurant.
Wines by the glass were available but serves were vey small. I'm guessing 90 ml in a glass. Too expensive for more than two!
The decor is very tired and rather dated but we were informed a renovation is coming.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

When travelling with work it is common to eat in the hotel restaurant. Time and ease are two factors, and in honesty I rarely go to a restaurant in a hotel unless I'm working in the area. In this case Liu is typical of Conrad restaurants. The food is excellent, with a classic range of Chinese dishes that I've found tasty on several visits and the surroundings are comfortable and attractive. Staff are attentive but discreet, you will not get rushed. As a hotel restaurant I rarely expect them to be busy - and to date I've never seen this one busy. By local standards it's on the expensive side so midweek it is not surprising to be quiet. If you are staying at the Conrad it is well worth a try.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I go to Liu for family Sunday lunch once in a while, and it has become our family's Sunday Chinese restaurant. On the latest visit, the food has changed - many traditional dim sum dishes are no longer available, but to be replaced by a modern variety that has erased the once delicious traditional. The servers were nice, but I think there were too few of them, and thus made the service slow. Food took forever to arrive. We have all voted that that was the last time we will go to Liu. So, adios to both Liu and Conrad Bangkok. It's sad to see a once good place has changed, we conclude, with fashion, rather opting for the traditional, so for us, it is a change for the worse.