See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Let it be known that I despise leaving bad reviews.

We booked this without reading the reviews unfortunately, but decided to go against them anyway as some people just like a moan. This however was a different story.

My partner and I travelled mid range, in basic but nice hotels but not hostels. And even though this is cheap it is not much cheaper than really nice places near khao san road. The rooms were bleak, dark, tiny and to be honest dirty. We didn’t want to shower or sleep there. It was off a back alley on khao san road which I personally didn’t like AT ALL. We woke to a cockroach in the bed If you’re looking for average hostel standard this might be what you’re looking for.

But honestly, for £5 difference a night we preferred the 100s of other nicer hotel rooms surrounding us. We unfortunately decided to cut our losses and left early doors after one night stay. We left the 4000baht behind and felt instantly better.

Honestly it is a shame because the front desk man was lovely, and they do offer wide spaces an what once might have been respectable services like a food/lounge area. But it just looks like it’s been abandoned and given up on.

I really wouldn’t bother at all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Warm Greetings from Sawasdee Smile Inn, Thank you for leave a valuable comment

We are not complacent about this problem and your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other guests,

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel based on pictures and somehow missed all the terrible reviews. Our room was dirty, ants everywhere and hair on the floor. Our sink started leaking and when we asked management to take a look at it they suggested we didn’t use it. No other help was offered.
Only benefit is the location as it’s on Khao San Road. Even so definitely not worth the budget prices - couldn’t pay me to come back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
SawasdeeHotels, Manager at Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Value Guests
Warm Greetings from Sawasdee Banglamphu Inn, We are deeply concern about your inconvenience and sincere apologize about cleanest and untidy, we are acknowledge and we are on progress to improves.
We are not complacent about this problem and your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other guests.

Manager Sawasdee Banglamphu Inn,

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately my stay at your hotel was one of the worst experience in my life. Absolutely everything was just terrible!! I booked the best room in your hotel. I just scare to think what could I get if I would book regular single room. On the next day I was running away from that place and now I'm leaving few hundreds meters away from your hotel, paying same price and just love my beautiful, 100% comfortable and cozy room!! Every month I drink tea/coffee and water provided by my hotel. There service is also perfect. So it's easy to understand, which hotel I would recommend to my friends.

P.s.: even if I would not find my present hotel, I would shift in any other (even more expensive hotel), bcz it was absolutely unacceptable to stay one more night in your hotel. I hope my review will help to your business. All the best!!

Уважаемые путешественники, не селитесь в этом клоповнике! Этот точно не "ок" на поспать пару ночей пока вы в Бкк. За те же деньги можно снять отличную уютную комнату в том же райне. И отель тоже будет немного поодаль от основного шума. Нет смысла платить здесь завышенную цену и жить в ужасных условиях, когда рядом полно качественных отелей, которые еще и чуть дешевле выйдут.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Value Guests

Warm Greetings from Sawasdee Bangkok Inn, We are sincere apologize for this matter.

Manager, Sawasdee Banglamphu inn

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very dirty unsafe noisy hostel pictures online are fake room is so small
bad smell they are better hostels in the area i will sleep on the street instead of this place
Avoid it looks like a prision huge urine smell on the building and the way in is scary not recomended for a womens .......

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Value Guests
Warm Greetings from Sawasdee Banglamphu Inn, We are sincere apologize for this matter.

Manager, Sawasdee Banglamphu inn

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This "Hotel" if that's what you want to call it is located behind a load of shops, you have to walk down a ally way to get to it so if your a solo women traveler at night it's not nice to walk through at all!!
On arrival the staff didn't crack a smile. Took 20 minutes for them to check us in and then wanting paying straight upfront, which is a first for me. They also wanted 500 baht as a deposit and when trying to explain we had not been to the ATM they got very impatient and demanded the money or we don't get our room, I offered 2 passports as a deposit as normal "hotels" do but still not happy with that, in the end he excepted the passports.

The room we got was an absolute disgrace! Dirty EVERYTHING.. no towels no soap no clean sheets, the bed had old food on top of it!!!! and the pillows and the sheets was ripped ! I took the sheet off to fix as the room looked like it hadn't been made up by the cleaners and the mattress was stained to the maximum laying on top of the oldest bed base I have witnessed!
Also there was cockroaches in bathroom.

(Pictures are attached!)

There was a fridge but nothing in it.
This is meant to be a 3 star hotel! In my eyes this is a -1.
If it wasn't to late and close hotels fully booked due to it being a weekend we wouldn't of stayed in this "hotel.
We was originally booked in for 2 nights but as soon as the sun come up we checked out!
Didn't even open our bags!

Don't be fooled by the pictures on here and on Booking.com because they are not RIGHT! The pictures What i have uploaded is what you get!

this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!.

Needs closing down.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tony B

Dear Value Guests
Warm Greetings from Sawasdee Bangkok Inn, We are deeply concern about your inconvenience and sincere apologize for this matter.
We have warned the staffs for misbehaviors and all uncleanness untidy.

Manager, Sawasdee Banglamphu Inn