“Premium quality hot pot”

Ping's Thai Teochew Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1,192 of 11,408 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$9 - US$61
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Siam
Description: Ping's Hotpot is Thailand's first luxury hotpot restaurant that welcomes dining connoisseurs on a journey of unprecedented tastes. Considered both innovative and healthful, the hotpot is made with rich and tasteful broth meticulously crafted by the culinary professionals from Ping's Shark's Fin and Ping's Thai Teochew Restaurant - under the supervision of the widely respected Chef Saetia Hung Ping or "Ah Ping", who spent over half a century exploring the perfect combination of tastes and aroma that produces exceptional flavor to Ping's first-class broth and many signature dishes. The luxurious home-style restaurant will serve a la carte steamboat items, special menu sets as well as some of the cooked specialties from Ping's Thai Teochew Restaurant. Ping's Hotpot suits all types of family and social gatherings, thanks to the exceptional food, services, relaxing atmosphere as well as the concept of gathering around and sharing a hotpot meal with loved ones. The services are attentive, friendly and seamless to provide the best-ever possible fine-dining hotpot experience.
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Restaurants serving steamboat or hot pot are found in most shopping malls in Thailand. How different can they be? Not a lot until one tries Ping's Hotpot which is part of Ping's Thai Teochew Seafood Restaurant at Pathumwan Princess Hotel.

Ping's Hotpot serves specialty steamboat which features premium meats, fish fillets and seafood. Generously portioned and cut, the items are grouped together and presented on a platter. This is unlike the individually plated items served in most steamboat restaurants.

Even the dipping sauce is served differently. The staff mixes the sauce from six different sauces, depending on the customer's flavor preferences. When the staff saw that my sauce was somewhat diluted by the soup introduced by the cooked items, she made a fresh bowl for me. Nice.

The price is higher but it is well justified for the better quality and larger portions. Also, the restaurant's nice interiors enhance the dining experience.

2  Thank JeffLeong

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I am always here whenever I am in BKK.

The fish maw never fails to entice me.

It's flavorful with body and volume.

I personally love their oyster omelette and coconut jelly. The oyster omelette is fresh and juicy while the coconut jelly is refreshing.

All my guests who dine with me always give their thumbs up

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

MBK is always one of my must visit place in town and found out this place connected to MBK mall and inside Pathumwan Princess hotel. Fair pricing , high quality food, good service. Love their fish maw soup and generally everything on the menu that I have ordered never disappoint me.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I read a few blogs about this place and was very keen to try it, and yes the food is good quality and yummy. It is not very crowded, so it is a great place if you have the time to have a relatively slow relaxing meal.

Thanks to the Aunty Jenny, the Boss's sister-in-law we chose yummy food (Fish Maw Soup, Shrimp Cake, Hor Joy, Oyster Hot Plate, Fried rice with crabmeat, Teochew Fun Guo, Fried Taro dumpling, Lava Egg bun).

I feel that this is one of those places that I would go often, when I don't really know where to eat, but know the quality of the food would be consistent and good. But it is not die die must eat.

There are a couple of things that I would like to comment about.
1) The lava egg dumpling was one of the first items that was served, we made a mistake for not telling them to hold that order till the end.

2)We ordered the Taro dessert, but they did not take the order, by the time we realised it would have been too late to order and we really had too much food already. Though it would have been nice to taste it.

3) The Hor joy was really nice and very reasonable price and it was suggested that we could buy them frozen to take home. I order 4 orders of the Hor joy, paid for it to be taken frozen the following day before my flight. Unfortunately, the people we ordered from were not working the day I picked up the food. When I when to collect my frozen food, the staff on-site seemed to know what I wanted. I was asked to wait, which I was wondering, why would frozen food take so long to pack. When the Hor joy finally came, it was freshly fried.
Since I was in hurry, I decided to just take the cooked food. Given that it took much longer then I expected to pick up the food, I rushed off not realising that I was only given 2 orders not 4. By then I had no time to go back.
Lesson learned, next time take the food on the spot and hope it won't go spoil.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

The food was really fine and the soup was super nice. The staffs were really friendly and full of service mind. Easy to go there by BTS - National stadium station and then walk through MBK center to Pathumwan Princess hotel. This restaurant is located on the first floor of the hotel.

DoraTheExplorerGirl, General Manager at Ping's Thai Teochew Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for you great review.
We're looking forward for your next visit! :)