“Great Xiao Long Bao Dumplings”
Review of Yong He Dou Jiang

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Silom
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Family favorite for Xiao Long Bao dumplings and beef soup with hand pulled noodles. Simple decoration. Many families usually there. Good simple Chinese food.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Saw several write ups here and as it wasn't too far away, I decided to check it out on Sunday. Typically, it was crowded with families but was able to get a table upstairs. The waiter brought a pot of tea (which was a little thin) as soon as I sat down. I ordered the Chinese soup dumpling, their version of shu Mai and a beef plate. Other than the tea, I was not impress with the food. The dumplings were minced pork and the wrapping was so flimsy, it fell apart. The beef plate was covered in brown gravey which I'd not expected. My advice... AVOID!

Reviewed 6 September 2016

This is another great place to dine on Xio Long Bao and hand-pulled noodles.
I had the Xio Long Bao (steamed soup dumplings), green onion pancakes, fried noodles with assorted vegetables, the sour and spicy soup and cucumber dressed with sesame oil.
The dumplings and noodles with fine but the cucumbers had a slightly moldy aftertaste. The sour and spicy soup was neither sour or spicy, luckily table-side containers of black vinegar and chili oil made it so.
The service was a little erratic, I had to ask for black tea and they forgot to bring a little dish of shredded ginger for the dumplings.
I would go back again for the mutton dishes and specialties though.
The place is easy to find, it’s a few steps from the Chong Nonsi MRT station exiting at the same exit you’d take to get to the picturesque MahaNakhon cube ( with a “Dean and Deluca” deli) and tower.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

For those wanting less spicy Chinese food in Bangkok, this is the place to be. The beef appetiser is umami yummy. Also try the fried sponge cucumber leaf and fried rice noodle with assorted vegetables. Wash it down with milky smooth soy and end with a GuiLin jelly dessert.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

The dumpling was delicious, however the rest of the food we ordered was crap. I saw our main meal being taken out from the microwave. The breaded pork chop was tough and dry. It's not worth the money that we paid for. The waitress missed a meal that he ordered and we waited for it for more than 15 minutes considering that it was microwaved. We will not be back.

1  Thank Gerardo R