“Very good place, comfy rooms, nice people”

Ban wiang Guest House and Apartment
Ranked #320 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hi all! I was glad when I've found this place in the center of Chiang Mai...
Rooms are clean and comfy - the air con was new and very silent, bed was wide and long enough and the window had mosquito net on it.
Hotel personnel was very pleasant and friendly.
Also they have very good trip bureau: I had two great excursions - "life of local villages" and "elephant ride with rafting".
Next door of the hotel (in same building) you can find just awesome massage - that woman is a very skillful master :)
Just opposite of hotel there is a cloth repair service (cheap tailor :))
Very close to fruit markets, restaurant district and very good bakery (near the market at north-east corner of wall-box))
I will stay in this place next time I'll visit Chiang Mai

Room Tip: If you like to wake up at early morning - choose the room with window towards the east (the temple s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The greatest thing about Ban wiang is that it is quiet. To be in the midst of a busy area like the old city and to have this kind of quiet is food for my soul.
i find the staff friendly and non intrusive.
For me the best attractions in Chiang Mai are the old city, particularly this quadrant and the Warorot market area. Which can be reached on foot. The location is excellent.
Previously I lived in Chaing Mai for a four year stretch and can tell you that most of it I don't like particularly because of the traffic congestion and poor public transportation which gets worse every year. But, as I said, the old city is a refuge from this both in terms of the fact that there is not too much traffic here and many trees. Also the food choices for me in the old city are excellent.
I think that if you are looking for quiet the sound of bird and frogs and a good location you cannot get much better than Ban Wiang.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

At first sight, we thought this was a good place for a short stay. The room is a decent size for only $500 baht per night, with a small balcony and good working AC. However our opinion changed for three reasons: a) we were provided one thin sheet and grubby blanket to sleep with. When we pulled back the sheet to go to bed, we discovered that the bed was full of tiny ants and bugs. Not ideal, this led to a very cold night, and waking up feeling very dirty and itchy! This certainly wasn't solved by the terrible shower in the morning - barely worth using. B) staff unfriendly and not helpful. When we checked in we were given a key and a small card with the wifi password on it. What we were not told was that that card was our access key to the building after 10 pm - this subsequently led to quite a stressful experience using our UK phones to ring a staff member to let us in to the building. ..something that needn't have happened if we had received adequate communication on check in. And finally c) within just a five minute walk, we had found numerous other guesthouses, far better quality (in terms of both cleanliness and facilities) for a much better price.
As a result, I would not recommend this guest house to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ksuktravel
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great place to stay! Staff are really helpful, held onto our bags and reserved a room for us while we went on a road trip for a week.

Rooms are spotless, beds are comfy and rooms are a decent size. The location is very central, right next to walking street. I would recommend to anyone staying in Chaing Mai

Room Tip: The rooms on the fourth floor are nicer than the third.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

For the year and a half I resided at Ban Wiang, I enjoyed the convenience of the location, cleanliness of the rooms and friendliness of the staff. For those in need of a basic room at budget prices, this is the place. The location is down a quiet little soi (lane) within walking distance from Thapae gate, Walking Street Market (Sundays), Night Bazaar, Somphet market, restaurants, bar...and much more! Metira and her staff can assist you with all of your needs and questions. Don't hesitate on this property when making your Chiang Mai plans.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo