US$162
  • Restaurant
US$93
US$74
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$47
US$42
US$95
US$80
US$56
US$32
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$213
US$184
US$154
Agoda.com
All reviewstha pae gateaccess cardlady ownerold cityloy krathong festivalgreat place to staywithin easy walking distancenight marketbalconywifitoiletthb
Reviewed 10 December 2015

When I travel to Chiang Mai I always stay at Ban wiang Guest House.The room that I stay is simple but airy and spotless clean, with a small balcony and mosquito screens in the door and the windows, so I do not have mosquitos or any other insect visiting my room. The bed is firm and supportive just perfect for a comfortable and healthy sleep. There is always hot water for shower and good free wifi connection. All stuff in Ban wiang guesthouse speak perfect English and they are always kind and helpful. The location is very convenient and close to the Sunday night market.This is definitely a place worth of the price you pay. Simple, clean, central location and very good service.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

Average guesthouse but in a good location. Rooms are not cleaned during your stay which isn't great especially if you stay a while. Owner is a bit extreme with the amount of signs up to say you can't do this or that! It's not bad to stay for a couple of nights.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 14 November 2015

I've slept in a lot of Asian guesthouses, and this bed was definitely harder than most. There was a funky smell, too, and my "view" was another building, about 2 feet away.
Didn't get a good night's sleep at all, and checked out the next day.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Roam T
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

I love this place. I have stayed here on several occasions. Mostly for a month or two. It's in the best location, near the Tha Pae Gate, where most of the festivities take place. It's also tucked away enough so it's peaceful throughout the day and night. What I also love about the Ban Wiang is the friendly and courteous staff. They're polite and very accommodating. I'm happy with the cleanliness, the Wi-Fi and the security. I can't see myself changing guest houses. Yes I am very satisfied with the Ban Wiang Guest House. Enjoy your stay!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2015

We always stay here when we come back to Chiang Mai. The staff are friendly and helpful, they also speak excellent English. It is based in a quiet street, inside the moat very close to Tha Phae Gate and many other amenities such as the Sunday Walking Street market (**the refurbishment works have now finished**). We stay in one of the larger corner rooms with a balcony, they are always clean, quiet and well kept, with wifi, air con, fan, fridge, tv, wardrobe, desk, table and a large bed. (I have just read one of the other reviews and feel the need to respond. If you are scared of insects do not come to Thailand! You seem to have an unhealthy sense of entitlement). Anyway, there are so many local places to eat, western food to traditional Thai food and everything in-between, one of the most simply satisfying things to do when we stay here is choose where to eat, all within easy walking distance. We definitely recommend the family restaurant further along the same street with roasted fish outside, or another family place opposite the end of the street called Sailom Joy. If you fancy something a bit more upmarket try Costa Coffee on the corner, air con inside, or sit outside and watch the world go by and plan the rest of your trip. People normally set aside just 2 days to experience a Chiang Mai visit. I would recommend so much longer and there is not a better place to stay for the price.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple