“Great, simple place to stay!”

Ban wiang Guest House and Apartment
Ranked #320 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here 5 years ago and remembered it being a pleasant place to stay.

It's very basic but good value and I can't fault the staff.

There were a fair few ants in my bathroom so I mentioned this to reception and the lady gave me some non-fragrant spray which sorted it out straight away. This didn't particularly bother me especially as it was sorted fast.

Great place to stay if you want close access for the Sunday Walking Street! Would stay here again should I come to Chiang Mai.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 December 2015

When I travel to Chiang Mai I always stay at Ban wiang Guest House.The room that I stay is simple but airy and spotless clean, with a small balcony and mosquito screens in the door and the windows, so I do not have mosquitos or any other insect visiting my room. The bed is firm and supportive just perfect for a comfortable and healthy sleep. There is always hot water for shower and good free wifi connection. All stuff in Ban wiang guesthouse speak perfect English and they are always kind and helpful. The location is very convenient and close to the Sunday night market.This is definitely a place worth of the price you pay. Simple, clean, central location and very good service.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

Average guesthouse but in a good location. Rooms are not cleaned during your stay which isn't great especially if you stay a while. Owner is a bit extreme with the amount of signs up to say you can't do this or that! It's not bad to stay for a couple of nights.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 14 November 2015

I've slept in a lot of Asian guesthouses, and this bed was definitely harder than most. There was a funky smell, too, and my "view" was another building, about 2 feet away.
Didn't get a good night's sleep at all, and checked out the next day.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Roam T
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

I love this place. I have stayed here on several occasions. Mostly for a month or two. It's in the best location, near the Tha Pae Gate, where most of the festivities take place. It's also tucked away enough so it's peaceful throughout the day and night. What I also love about the Ban Wiang is the friendly and courteous staff. They're polite and very accommodating. I'm happy with the cleanliness, the Wi-Fi and the security. I can't see myself changing guest houses. Yes I am very satisfied with the Ban Wiang Guest House. Enjoy your stay!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo