“The olden days. ”

Whole Earth Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 2,271 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant when it was alot smaller and somewhat of a hidden secret. The food was fantastic and not one of dish was mediocre. I absolutely loved their green curry. My friend went recently and he said it's expanded (so happy for the owner) but the foods still great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were recommended this restaurant by friends who visited in 2016. We had lunch on our 1st day, feeling a bit bedraggled after 20 +/- hours of travel, and we were thrilled. Great food, great welcome and a lovely setting on a high terrace. We ended up going 3 times over our 4 day stay, 2 lunches and 1 dinner, all excellent
If you are visiting Chiang Mai this is a great place to start, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Really nice place. All very cool with the lights in the garden, the decoration etc.
You have to take your shoes of to go inside or to sit on the deck on the first floor.
We had some great food too. Enjoyed the spicy tofu salad very much and the juices were also good.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We chose from the Thai menu. Each dish was delectable and spiced just right. Recommended for a relaxing night out with friends. The outdoors and lighting was conducive for good conversation.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This was very pleasant.
If you go for dinner, the setting is quite romantic in the garden.
We went for Indian food mostly, and it was all very good and interesting.
I usually find biryanis too bland in Chiang Mai... My, this biryani was so strong I can still taste it.
It sure isn't cheap, but the quality, service and atmosphere was worth it.
Cons... They could try harder to tackle the mosquitoes issue, ... That's it, I don't have cons, it's a very nice place.