We booked our weekend stay at Siripanna through Expedia Singapore, which had a limited 20% discount offer on selected hotels. It had already been a few months since we wanted to visit Chiang Mai, and this hotel proved to be a great base from which to explore this city and its surroundings.
Some reviewers mentioned the location of this hotel as a low point, but I didn't see it that way. While it is true that the hotel is not located in the city centre, the Old City can be reached in 10 mins by tuk-tuk (which will cost 100 thb) and airport is no more than 15-20 mins away. Furthermore, the location of the hotel on the oposite side of the river means that it is much quieter at night compared to some of the more centric hotels.
- Our room had a nice decoration, and it was big and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and had several pillows of different hardness. Bathroom was also very big, and well equipped with a bathtub in perfect conditions. All in all, it was a superb experience.
- The hotel staff was very kind and attentive at all times. This applies to every one of them, including the bellboy who helped us with our luggage upon our arrival at 1 AM, to the lady in the reception who made the check-in, the guys at the pool, all of them.
- In my experience, resorts in Southeast Asia usually have very good buffet breakfasts, but this one excelled in every sense. There were plenty of eastern and western choices, plus a wide variety of fruits and cereals. We requested cappuccinos and hot chocolates during our breakfasts and in all cases the quality was very good.
- The pool was nice, and it was designed in such away that you could swim all around the area where the sunbeds are located. The pool does not seem to be suited for young children (nor the hotel in general), so this is a point to be taken into account. Each evening there is a poolside happy hour (one for one) on selected cocktails, one for every day of the week.
- If you happen to be around the hotel at midday, you will notice that they advertise the 39 baht lunch (which turns out to be around 1.3 usd) Actually, you need to add the GST and the service charge on top of that, but even with that consideration it is ridiculously cheap. As expected, the size of the portions is relatively small, but there are many dishes to choose from for this price (there is also a selection of non alcoholic drinks and desserts available for 39 thb).
- There are really no low points worth mentioning here. Wi-fi internet was available for free at the lobby and common areas (in all cases with a good speed) but not in the rooms, so this could be a point to be addressed by the management in order to further enhance the experience. Perhaps the main challenge for this hotel will be maintaining the high levels of attention and quality that they are currently offering, while at the same time keeping their fares at competitive levels.
Overall, our stay at Siripanna was excellent and our high expectations were fulfilled. The hotel was very quiet and relaxing (features which by the way make it a good choice for honeymooners) and it was great value for money at 90 SGD per night. We will definitely be back next time we are in Chiang Mai!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siripanna Grand Resort And Villa
- Siripanna Grand Resort & Villa Hotel Chiang Mai