“fantastic”
Review of Nakara Spa

Nakara Spa
Ranked #102 of 270 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nakara Spa is a center for the application of Ayurvedic spa treatments for holistic health and relaxation.The science of Ayurveda originated in India more than 5,000 years ago.Ayurveda is the only medical system in the world which has the widest range of hands on massage therapies to achieve health benefits.Our treatments are supported by ongoing research in this field. Likewise, our products are natural and certified
Reviewed 11 May 2013

A real spa and great embience, lovely staff and terrific massage. Well worth a visit among the multitude of spa's in Chang Mai. I had the back-only massage and it was sublime. Was sensual, strong and I went into a sleep coma that evening :-) Was perfect.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We had 4 spas in our 4-day trip. The place was clean and they provided us a couple room with private bathroom and toilet. I have to say I didn't know how great the oil was. No special thing and I felt I had done nothing after the massage but with oily body. This was not my first time have oil treatment and it had to be my first time with no feeling / relaxation / painful / good memory after the whole treatment. It might be we had too high expectation before we came. I would rather take a Thai massage in other cheaper spa than Nakara Spa. The price was 5 stars but the therapists' skills was 2 - 3 stars only. Totally not value for money.

ChairatPingNakara, Owner at Nakara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate having the comment from you and your wife, and are sorry that some of our style did not appeal to you.

In fact, our Ayurvedic spa is unique in Chiang Mai so the treatments are not like a traditional Thai massage. All the oils used are developed from Ayurvedic traditions, and as such are totally organic, with no added perfumes. Our therapists undergo extensive training in these kinds of therapies, and it may be that they did not use enough pressure for you. This is very subjective and based on the guests’ impression of what they prefer. We always have questionnaire for guests to comment on their experience with our spa, and the mean of satisfaction rate is on the very high side. We also got many compliments from guests who wrote about our spa on the review in our hotel section, two of the quotes is as follow.

. . . We also enjoyed a relaxing massage in the spa. I would highly recommend it. Very relaxing and professionally delivered procedures and the spa is very clean and cool. I am very reluctant to just let anyone provide a massage on me in Asia but i felt very safe and well looked after here. The girls were well trained. . . . Suz003 (TA Reviewed 16 September 2012, in Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa).

. . . And the Nakara spa is not to be missed. Service above and beyond with the treatments being first rate! We enjoyed it so much the first night we were there that we went again the next night. . . . Bensmom55
(TA Reviewed 6 May 2012, in Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa).

We thank you very much for the positive rating you gave overall, and will be more attuned to the guests needs in the future.

Kind regards,
Chairat

Reviewed 2 November 2012

We are interested to venture in a kind of Ayurvedic experience, although this is relatively costly compared with some other spa offer:

1. Therapists – The therapists are not so skillful and attentive throughout the process. For instance, the massage bed is rather hard and I lay on my back for about two hours. A thoughtful therapist should have provided me an extra pillow under the legs to reduce stress to the lower back. In terms of the value given, I’d expect a better service – the therapists deliver the service similar to a spa which cost me one-tenth of the value. Disappointed.
2. Product quality – Both of us try oil massage and the quality of the massage oil is good in terms of the texture and scent.
3. Accessibility – The spa locates in the city centre and is within easy reach.
4. Cleanliness – There is no worry of such.
5. Atmosphere – It’s a spa in luxury setting.

We expect that the reception will evaluate with us a suitable treatment, although we have sent in email to indicate our preference via email before our arrival As a matter of fact, filling in the questionnaire at the reception seems to be a formality only and it makes no reference to our treatment.

All in all, the experience is not so value for money and we’d better explore the Ayurvedic experience in Spa in India.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate having the comment from you and your husband, and are sorry that some of our style did not appeal to you.

(TA Reviewed 6 May 2012, in Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa).

Kind regards,
Chairat

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We went to many spa's including the top ones in the world. This is really a place you should go. For us its number one because of the beautiful decoration, the atmosphere, the best treatments and the friendly staff. The staff get a real good long training before they start working. Its really professional and you feel reborn after a treatment. We fly just for this spa from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Tip: Have a good lunch after the massage in the hotel.

2  Thank Paradijsvogels