“Exceptional”
Review of Nakara Spa

Nakara Spa
Ranked #102 of 270 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nakara Spa is a center for the application of Ayurvedic spa treatments for holistic health and relaxation.The science of Ayurveda originated in India more than 5,000 years ago.Ayurveda is the only medical system in the world which has the widest range of hands on massage therapies to achieve health benefits.Our treatments are supported by ongoing research in this field. Likewise, our products are natural and certified
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have used this spa many times as the experience I have had has been amazing and again this time was no exception. The atmosphere, the staff, the rooms and the treatment I have not been able to equal in any other spa around the area.
My treatments included a facial and oil massages which I felt were good value.
I do try other spas but always come back to this one.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

At first I thought a facial over a full body massage was going to be a bit of a waste. But having had a number of massages during this trip, I opted for Shironasya which helps deal with the head and sinuses. Pure bliss. After a quick foot cleanse I was laid out and treated to an oil massage, a rice and milk scrub/acupressure session to my face and a beautiful hot oil massage to the head.
The service is wonderful and the facilities just right. When can I move in?

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We tried Ayurvedic style of foot massage. It was a great relief to my foot after whole day of walking. Even though it was an hour session, it helps a lot. The masseurs did a great job. And on our last day after we checked out, we had Traditional Lanna Oil massage for an hour session. We were given 5 types of oils option, and I chose Jasmine rice oil. Perfect smell, mild and not too strong for me. It was indeed a relaxing massage because we are seeking aromatherapy type. Would recommend to my friends that travel to Chiang Mai for a great massage place.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

too expensive for what it's worth, it was just at my hotel and I had to give it a try. I would give it another try and hopefully the experience will be better.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

I decided that one of the things I'd do while in Chiang Mai was spoil myself with a nice spa treatment. I chose Nakara Spa because it offered Indian Ayurvedic treatments which appealed to me (I'm not a fan of the rough style of traditional Thai massages). I had the one-hour Shirobhyanga head neck and shoulders treatment which was deeply relaxing as promised. Not only was the treatment wonderful, the facilities and service were too. I was greeted with a friendly welcome and a cool drink. When I was ready I was invited to pop on slippers and was taken to the treatment room which had its own tiled shower and separate tiled toilet. There were many nice touches like fresh flower heads floating in a bowl under the bed's head rest (sure beats looking at the floor!). Because of the oils used - including in your hair - you need to shower afterwards and I was told to take as long as I wanted. I'm sure you would be welcome to use the shower before your treatment too, if you needed. All in all it was a great experience which I can recommend. Sadly I wasn't in CM long enough to take advantage of the discount voucher they gave me for a return visit - I would happily have had another treatment if time allowed. Nakara is easy to find - it's on a main road alongside the river and is in a white, three-story, colonial style building - you can't miss it. Easy to book via email.

1  Thank Katie M