“A little bit niche ”
Review of Boy Blues Bar

Boy Blues Bar
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Saw this place had good reviews and thought we would give it a try.

We arrived 30 mins after opening. There wasn't much of a crowd but the band playing were talented and covering well known/not so well known rock songs. As the bands rotated, there were some American country singers, maybe making a last ditch attempt to make it in Thailand. Okay if you like that sort of thing.

I wouldnt be fooled by the name of the bar- there wasn't a hint of blues music. At times it felt a little like slightly up market karaoke.

As the crowd started to build, it was very apparent that this place attracts older white men with young Thai women. Some men arrived on their own and in no time, had a young Thai girl draped over them at the bar. Perhaps this is a pick up point for this sort of thing.

I am not naive enough to think that this sort of culture isn't present in Thailand. We personally just found it a little uncomfortable at times as it was so prolific in this particular bar. Perhaps a certain clash in cultures and valuing women's rights etc made us feel this way.

I think if you are expecting it and are more comfortable with the Thai bride/ sex trafficking side of things then this would be less of an issue.

Mixed feelings about this place. More due to the clientele than the bar itself, although the music wasn't always great either. Maybe it was just the particular night we went (Monday)

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

blues n beer. easy beer joint on the second level of the market eateries and shops. harps blues and guitar blues and blues vocals. chuck berry to bb king. all things blues ...

1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Up the stairs in the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar is a enjoyable venue for music lovers. It usually begins at 9:00 pm and goes until midnight. There is no admission fee and the drinks are reasonable. .Monday night is open mike night, I believe, so go and have fun.
I suggest arriving a little early to get a good seat as they go fast. Boy Blue is the owner and a good guitarist.

1  Thank JamHam
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at this bar this evening. The band were amazing and so were the drinks! So great to see so many people having a great time.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great night here last night. No entry fee, well priced drinks and three good bands. Too easy.
I love the blues.
The players obviously love the blues, too.
The feel for the music was convincing and the guys can really play!
I don't know his name but the lead guitar/vocalist in the second band has the best shtick since Buddy Guy. Entertaining, and you have to be really good to get away with it.
I went to sleep last night with great music running through my head.