Amora Resort Tapae Chiangmai
US$78
US$70
Movenpick.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$157
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$39
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

U Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Imm Hotel Thaphae Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$89
US$73
Yaang Come Village(Chiang Mai)
US$180
US$103
Agoda.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$255
Hotels.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$182
All reviewstapae gateprincess suitenight marketrooms are comfortablewalking streetthe air conditioningold townmoatdoormanlaundrychiangspastuks
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at the Amora Tapae in December. The bedrooms are in need of a makeover and the hallway carpets need to be replaced however the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. My biggest bugbear was having to pay for wi-fi!
Breakfast was not included in our package but it wasn't a problem as there were many restaurants within walking distance. we did however have the buffet breakfast on our last morning. It was adequate, nothing special!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and always found the hotel to be fairly good value for money. However I turned up on 28th December to be told they had no record of my telephone booking.i had always booked this way well in advance and never had a problem,lesson learned always get written confirmation . I was surprised by the manageresses attitude who recognizing me from previous stays made no effort to help me in any way and showed no sympathy to my plight as they had no rooms available.
I did return for two nights before returning home
I would recommend this hotel as it is good value for money and is in a great location, however I would say that the hotel is a bit tired and in need of upgrading.the carpets through out the hotel are worn and dirty and the bedroom furniture is tatty.also unbelievably in this day and age they do not offer free wifi
Yes I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel but don't expect luxury and first class service

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I would of given this hotel an excellent rating for the main reason being I left my passport and moneybelt in the locker which they recovered and remembered I would be back as I went on a trek for 1 night, the Hotel staff promptly recognized me and handed me my belongings which were all intact and accounted for.
My only minor issue I had with this hotel was that the afternoon reception could be a little bit friendlier and can use a smile when servicing. We were greeted our first day with very rude staff and management, who asked us to wait while they sort out everything only to tell us later to come back after 2pm, it was around 11am, we ended up waiting for half an hour for no reason at all. The same staff member ringed me out on our check out that I have to be nice to people in Thailand as they did recover my belongings which I was very appreciative of, however I did not need to be reminded and found that to be very rude ( this was the same negative manager from before) Other than that door service was excellent, room had a comfy bed but noisy A/C do not ask for 1006 as you will lose sleep, Hotel was in a bit of rough condition and can use a facelift, but great value for the money and also an excellent breakfast with fresh foods.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: request a king bed in advance.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

On our trip to Thailand we stayed at 7 different hotels in a 2 week period. This was the worst of them and one of the most expensive.

Pros: good location

Cons:
customer service: We needed help trying to reach some family at a nearby hotel. We go separated. The hotel reception asked us to figure it out. We tried, and when questioned again they said they'd have to charge us to help.

Parking: we rented motorcycles. As soon as you pull into the the drive to drop someone off or pick someone up, they'd tell you to move. It was beyond ridiculous. We were a tiny motorcycle in their big driveway not blocking any traffic waiting 2 minutes.

Wifi: $15 USD a day. It is not free like agoda says.

Dirt: disgusting and unclean carpets and elevators. No air conditioning in the hallways.

Breakfast: slop.

Noise: thin walls.

We eventually moved to another hotel and paid $25 USD a day with free wifi and clean rooms.

Bottom line: a waste of money. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room here
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank howardchang79
Reviewed 12 January 2013

This hotel was GREAT considering how little we paid for it. I traveled a lot on my recent trip to Thailand, and this was by far the cheapest yet nicest hotel we stayed in. It's no 5-star hotel, but for someone on a budget it's perfect. It's clean, the service is excellent (there is a bellboy that picks up your baggage and shows you the room), and it's close to the night market, temples and right across from old city. We could basically walk everywhere we wanted to go.

The hotel is a bit old and there are telltale signs like a kind of stained carpet, but I didn't mind. My room was always super clean, the bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked great, and I had an overall pleasant stay. I wouldn't pay a lot of money to stay here, but since I got this hotel for around $26 a night I thought it was a steal. They also have a little traveling agency within the hotel to help you book trips, and they weren't that badly overpriced.

So, if you are on a budget and are looking for something MUCH nicer than a hostel or crappy hotel... definitely stay here! It was definitely an upgrade from the gross hotels we previously stayed in that cost much more.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the "princess" suites (not that expensive), and request non-smoker if you don't smoke!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple