“Beautiful view from my room !”

Amora Resort Tapae Chiangmai
Ranked #139 of 389 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My room has a perfect view of the mountain and the road view facing the moat. Nice spacious, clean, comfortable room at Amora Tapae Hotel Chiangmai. As it was 'winter' season during my visit, Chiangmai was just perfect for everything. I need not switch on the air-cond when I sleep at night. Bell-boys are very helpful and polite. Lobby restaurant serves good food too. I will return to this hotel again. Very near to Tapae Gate and most restaurant/bars . Remember to go to the Sunday Walking Street Market !! It was really interesting to walk and taste the local food at this street. Most food stalls are hidden behind the wall of the temple grounds, go peep and search .

Room Tip: Higher floor has good view of the mountain and sunset !
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at the Amora Tapae in December. The bedrooms are in need of a makeover and the hallway carpets need to be replaced however the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. My biggest bugbear was having to pay for wi-fi!
Breakfast was not included in our package but it wasn't a problem as there were many restaurants within walking distance. we did however have the buffet breakfast on our last morning. It was adequate, nothing special!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and always found the hotel to be fairly good value for money. However I turned up on 28th December to be told they had no record of my telephone booking.i had always booked this way well in advance and never had a problem,lesson learned always get written confirmation . I was surprised by the manageresses attitude who recognizing me from previous stays made no effort to help me in any way and showed no sympathy to my plight as they had no rooms available.
I did return for two nights before returning home
I would recommend this hotel as it is good value for money and is in a great location, however I would say that the hotel is a bit tired and in need of upgrading.the carpets through out the hotel are worn and dirty and the bedroom furniture is tatty.also unbelievably in this day and age they do not offer free wifi
Yes I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel but don't expect luxury and first class service

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I would of given this hotel an excellent rating for the main reason being I left my passport and moneybelt in the locker which they recovered and remembered I would be back as I went on a trek for 1 night, the Hotel staff promptly recognized me and handed me my belongings which were all intact and accounted for.
My only minor issue I had with this hotel was that the afternoon reception could be a little bit friendlier and can use a smile when servicing. We were greeted our first day with very rude staff and management, who asked us to wait while they sort out everything only to tell us later to come back after 2pm, it was around 11am, we ended up waiting for half an hour for no reason at all. The same staff member ringed me out on our check out that I have to be nice to people in Thailand as they did recover my belongings which I was very appreciative of, however I did not need to be reminded and found that to be very rude ( this was the same negative manager from before) Other than that door service was excellent, room had a comfy bed but noisy A/C do not ask for 1006 as you will lose sleep, Hotel was in a bit of rough condition and can use a facelift, but great value for the money and also an excellent breakfast with fresh foods.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: request a king bed in advance.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

On our trip to Thailand we stayed at 7 different hotels in a 2 week period. This was the worst of them and one of the most expensive.

Pros: good location

Cons:
customer service: We needed help trying to reach some family at a nearby hotel. We go separated. The hotel reception asked us to figure it out. We tried, and when questioned again they said they'd have to charge us to help.

Parking: we rented motorcycles. As soon as you pull into the the drive to drop someone off or pick someone up, they'd tell you to move. It was beyond ridiculous. We were a tiny motorcycle in their big driveway not blocking any traffic waiting 2 minutes.

Wifi: $15 USD a day. It is not free like agoda says.

Dirt: disgusting and unclean carpets and elevators. No air conditioning in the hallways.

Breakfast: slop.

Noise: thin walls.

We eventually moved to another hotel and paid $25 USD a day with free wifi and clean rooms.

Bottom line: a waste of money. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room here
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family