Amora Resort Tapae Chiangmai
US$157
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$39
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$45/night.

US$94
US$69
U Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$149
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Yaang Come Village(Chiang Mai)
US$181
US$101
Priceline
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$182
US$165
Priceline
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$24
US$244
US$214
Trip.com
US$563
US$237
Priceline
All reviewstapae gateprincess suitenight marketrooms are comfortablewalking streetthe air conditioningold townmoatdoormanlaundrychiangspastuks
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I was in Thailand for almost 4 months early 2016.
Where I was staying living in Chiang Mai was pretty comfortable and more than I really needed EXCEPT there was no bath.
I was feeling very drained and achy at the time from the heat and couple of mishaps where I.... well... I just felt I needed a little retreat and to relax in what I thought would almost be "western" style and somewhat luxurious accomodations (at a reasonable "thai" price of course)
What I needed most was a very comfy bed, a quiet room and a nice bath!
I also needed something "accessible" but that's a lot to ask in Thailand LOL
Anyhow... I stayed at Amora for 3 days and after the first day, I already felt like I should just go back to my favourite and most frequented hotel the Wangburapa Grand. (The larger rooms more comfortable, quiet and even more "accessible"... all at $30/night)
The beds weren't as comfy as I hoped...
The shower/bath was not cleaned well (long black hairs in tub and smears on chrome)
The room had a loud low frequency humm
Just wasn't worth it to me at all. I felt like I was just throwing $ away simply trying to pamper myself thinking "western style" would be better.
I forgot one of the many reasons why I came to Thailand in the first place.
Western thinking doesn't work and living luxurious in Thailand (to me) just seems sort of crazy.

I didn't want to write this review back then because I was afraid to get anyone fired.. but I won't go back there.
What was nice was the bar/restaurant area! The staff were all kind, polite and even fun!

again... sorry my reviews aren't very professional I'm just sort of speaking (from my humble opinion) as it is, as I am.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I got the room on a nice promotion and paid 1200 baht a night including taxes and breakfast.

First the plus +
+ Nice big room
+ Good breakfast
+ Room cleaning was good
+ Bed, TV, aircon in the room was good
+ Location is very good

The minus -
- swimming pool is not good
- check in took very long time

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Rooms are ok, clean but nothing special.
The phone didn't work in our room, informed reception but nothing was done.
Reception don't speak very good English so several things we asked for couldn't be done.
Breakfast was basic. Lots of bugs on the wall and table.
Pool was dirty and the ladder is broken. Cut my ankle trying to get out of the pool.
Good location but that's about all that was good.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Recently me and a friend stayed here for 10 days in total...I had booked this hotel for our trip as we had heard and read good things. So here is my complete review in depth on everything we experienced...

When we first arrived around 8am (after getting the Night train up from Bangkok to Chiang Mai - highly recommend great experience) we didn't expect to be able to check in as check in isn't until 2pm, but after enquiring we were told our room was ready for us...so we were very happy!

Our room - just a superior double with 2 windows over looking the main road. Bed was comfortable and very big, tv we didn't use, bathroom was nice and everything was clean. Mini bar was over priced but what do you expect for a mini bar? Air con was nice as you could set it to what ever temperature and flow you wanted, however was relatively noisy, clearly a older system. Phone in the room didn't work so that was irritating, but liveable as we only wanted to use it for room service one evening, but still it should have been working! Overall though we were happy.

Included breakfast, we both found nice, nothing special, just nice. Lots to choose from and different dishes every day. Pastries weren't fresh and juices weren't real juices but hey, we were satisfied.

Staff - honestly, there seemed to be quite a few staff but none of them really knew what they were doing...we had drinks at the bar opposite the reception and it took about 30 mins for them to make one cocktail as they had no idea what to do and had to Google and phone someone for advice, also the bar was very overpriced.
The pool bar - well unfortunately every time we used the pool we couldn't purchase any drinks from the pool bar because there was NEVER anyone there!! Shame.
The reception staff - Didn't understand much English and was difficult to explain any issues.

The pool was ok, could have really done with a good clean as not once did we see any cleaner or staff member do anything to the pool. I wonder who and when it does actually get cleaned?
Also half the sun beds around the pool are broken...always fun when you go to lay on one and your pretty much laying on the hard floor!

Spa - I had 2 treatments - the neck, shoulder and back massage & a facial for 1300thb - this is pricey, especially if you do your research on the spas around Chiang Mai. I found it worth the price though as I was impressed and thoroughly relaxed after the treatments. It's a hotel spa, I knew I'd be paying more.

This all being said, yes there are some negatives but there were positives too. The location is great & central. Every room is fitted with a 'control panel' that you can control the lights, air conditioning temperature & strength of flow, wether you want your room to be cleaned and restocked with new linen, toiletries etc or just to be left alone and not disturbed. So we found these points great.

We would come back, we just wish that it could be pushed to its total potential. A couple little tweaks here and there would go so far.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Bad reception, bad services, bad swimming pool, bad room. The room is so hot and de AC makes so much noise it's impossible sleep with it on. I'm in Thailand by 1 week and this is first disappointed I have. The only thing good is the location, but in Chiangmai all things are close one each Luther, is not a really advantage. For all visitor to want come to this hotel, don't do that!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends