US$42
US$36
US$30
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

US$94
US$80
Imm Hotel Thaphae Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$40
Hotels.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$183
US$154
Agoda.com
1,655 results
All reviewscomplimentary dinnernight marketgift bagwelcome giftfruit basketbreakfast buffettuk tukfree wifibit datedreception staffswimming poolhotel is greattour deskhotel is locatedold cityan upgradenice pool
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I have stayed at the Empress on several occassions now and never been disappointed. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, it has a nice pool and gym, the staff are friendly and helpfull, breakfast is one of the nicest I've had in b&b's in Thailand and it's in a great location. It's roughly a 10 minute walk to Anusan market and the night bazaar and out of the hustle and bustle which means a quiet nights sleep. The maids perform a turn down service which is a nice little extra.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kittii_lily
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I fell in love with this hotel's room's decoration. One more thing: the rose was everywhere in the lobby. The breakfast was very good. Most of it, the staffs were so polite and helpful. It should be the place for your discovery journey of Chiang Mai - the rose of Thailand.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Kiet Q
Reviewed 26 December 2010

We arrived at the Empress when our other hotel option fell through. It was well located to the night market, but there is only so many times you can visit the night market. My teenager described it as :a solid hotel but not thrilling”. The rooms were spacious and clean ( the view not so good) but on the whole it always felt like you were walking into an old peoples hotel with no “vibe”. Breakfast was quite good. The staff were always helpful. They provided us with an really good taxi driver (Joelle) who we kept for a couple of days.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2010

To be honest, I didn't expect much for this price despite the hotel's claim of being four-star (which I was very suspicious of at the time). So it was a great surprise to arrive and find that the place lived up to its advertising. The ambience is a bit more traditional and heavy than I usually like, but you get an authentic Thai flavor to it, paintings and all. What makes this really stand out though, was the service. The receptionists were smiling, friendly and competent. One showed me to my room and gave me advice on what to do/see in the Chiang Mai. Very chatty and funny lady. Staff in the restaurant didn't all speak perfect English, but they tried hard to please and were consistently responsive to requests. The one time I did order room service, the food came up fast and the steak was done just the way I liked it. When I told them I needed a room with a single large bed, they accommodated that too and upgraded me from the 5th to the 10th floor immediately. Seamless! The porters moved all my things up without a hitch, and the new room was even nicer too - wood floor instead of carpet, and a slightly different, more chic styling. Was well worth the minimal hassle it took to move, though sadly the bathroom was as small as the first room's. Oh well, the bedroom itself offers plenty of space, so they had to sacrifice something.

The hotel's close to the night market, but since they told me there's a hotel shuttle there, why not (I'm a lazy slob, so sue me). They even picked me up afterward at what I understand was some kind of partner hotel. During my stay, they were holding some kind of event in the lobby, with Thai women in traditional costume performing a lovely dance. A nice bonus treat, and sort of accidental, but it really added to how impressive my experience was.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank trippy_boyz
Reviewed 6 December 2010

After years of travelling widely we have yet to find a better Hotel for a 'long stay', taking into account quality and cost
The Empress aims at a very high standard and succeeds. Rooms are well furnished and very clean. Hotel food is first class and all staff are helpful and very capable.
Many facilities are available including swimming pool, fitness centre and coffee bars.The city centre and night market are only a short walk away.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple