Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Sarah's Guesthouse was... fine. The room has AC and towels, but no toiletries, and the shower is one of those that is next to the toilet and gets water on everything in the bathroom. The people who work there are very kind though, Hunter the dog was adorable, and there are resident cats as well. Breakfast is not included and basic if you get it.

But! The location is perfect, in between the night bazaar and the old city. And there are guidebooks to look at there, which is always a plus.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2016

Great guesthouse. Clean, good prices & Sarah is always very helpful. She has been running this guesthouse for around 30 years and it is a nice quiet location. Only a few minutes walk from the night bazaar as well as being in a good location for bars & restaurants. We have been staying here for over 20 years & wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when in Chiang Mai.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank janimay2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I stayed here during the Loy Krathong Festival last year...unfortunately. I found this place on the Lonely Planet (they should really revise their hotel from times to times) and so I book and went there, payed in advance, big mistake The owner, Sara, gave us a room, at the second floor, it was hot and miserable, not even THAT cheap. To make a long story short: the room had bed bugs. I got bed bugs and I told the owner: she did not care. She said that is was my problem, but surely if I got them from your hotel, from the mattress or duvet, it might concern you. Sadly, this affected all my holiday in Chiang Mai! I wished I had booked the Buddy Guesthouse just down the road, that (I found out) it cost just a bit more, it has a lovely bar with free wifi and a lovely lady as hotel owner.
You live, you travel, you learn I guess.
I HATE leaving bad reviews, but I had such a mean experience here, and I really want to want to advice all the fellow travellers about this place.
This place has bed bugs and the owner could not care less. That's why there are bed bugs here. Avoid at all cost when in Chiang Mai.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank elisarte
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here from the 7th April -12th we got ourselves a fan only room for 1860baht so 310 baht a night,we ended up staying an extra night as Songkran festival has started and we couldn't move on to our next adventure until the 16th (which I didn't mind at all) the extra night cost just 300 baht. The location was perfect for us, round the corner from Ploen Ruedee night market which we recommend for live music. For a budget travelling couple I'd recommend this place, twin room(just pushed the beds together) private bathroom with toilet and hot shower, we also had a balcony with a chair and a clothes rack which was handy. Top tip - try all the settings on the fan - we had it on one for the whole 6 days and on the last night we discovered setting 1 was the highest speed not 4. Ha

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikala T
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Avoid this place at all costs. We thought we were onto a good deal for how cheap it was...we were wrong.
As we turned out the lights to go to sleep we felt things crawling, turned the lights on to see multiple bed bugs all over the pillows and bed. When we examined the sheets more we noticed small brown drops on them like brown felt tip, we now know what that was.
We did tell the owner the next day about this problem however she acted like we were lying, all she said was "no one else has mentioned them". Made us feel like liars, I wish we were lying it was the worst night of our holiday. This place might be cheap but please avoid it's worth paying the extra...wish we had!!!!

Oh and the bathroom is very dirty toilet was brown and shower covered in limescale. By far the worst place I have ever stayed.

Date of stay: April 2016