“A lot of Thai gives you A lot of reasons to go back to Thailand!”

A lot of Thai : Home cooking class
Ranked #10 of 71 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: A family run cooking class established in 2001. We began with a small class size. Even though our business has seen tremendous growth, we have decided that this size maintains the personalization and individual attention that each student deserves. Yui (Siripen Sriyabhaya), Thailand's international TV chef still teaches every dish in every class to guarantee the highest quality of instruction. Her expertise attracts a variety of students such as, TV chefs, executive chefs, culinary school teachers, international Thai cooking instructors, food columnists, cookbook authors, tourists, and food lovers.Yui's unique blend of art and science truly make cooking exciting, fun, and easy to follow. When students cook these delicious dishes in class, they are equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to recreate these dishes at home.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 June 2017

This was without a doubt the highlight of our 11 days we spent in Thailand. Yui is an unbelievable person, cook, and host! Not only was the class itself a blast, but everything was clean, very well organized and of the utmost quality. Next time we go to Thailand, we will travel to Chang Mai again and will absolutely take this class again!

3  Thank mjmorris315

Reviewed 10 May 2017

One of the best experiences we had in Thailand was doing this cooking class. We turned up during our holiday without booking before hoping to join her class that day and she swiftly organised extra places for us. She is very friendly and energetic.
I work in the catering and i know immediately if someone has great knowledge about food and cooking methodologies. Well, Yui blew my mind, she is an incredibly prepared chef and her knowledge about the chemistry of the cooking is surprisingly good and accurate. We made 4 courses including Pad Thay, Mango Sticky rice and Green Curry and absolutely loved it. Funny enough to see Gordon Ramsay with her i the pictures on the wall of her classroom.

2  Thank Campaworld
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We knew we wanted to take a cooking class in Chiang Mai and after doing some research settled on A Lot of Thai. We're glad we did!

Yui, the chef, was a bundle of personality. Fun, funny, energetic, knowledgeable and confident - she was the kind of instructor you'd want to have for any cooking class.

Yet her credentials more than matched her character. Learning of her background, and seeing photos and hearing stories of her and Gordon Ramsay reinforced that we were dealing with a true professional.

We cooked 4 uniquely different dishes including that familiar staple: Pad Thai. And she ruined me for life! Never again will I be able to experience Pad Thai with an undiscerning palate and be satisfied. Now I KNOW the difference. (And most of the Pad Thai I had following the class simply did not meet the standard.)

I should add that the trip to the market afterward seemed a bit anticlimactic. I understand her thinking that having worked with and tasted the various ingredients it would be more meaningful to see them in the market afterwards rather than before. Still, with happily filled bellies and lots of new information in our heads I'm afraid it didn't have the intended impact.

Overall, a very satisfying day. Mission accomplished and at a reasonable price.

Thank you Yui!

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Yui is full of solid food knowledge. If you're a cooking enthusiast she will be able to answer pretty much any questions you might have about cooking and definitely Thai cooking. She's done her homework and most of the prep. Expect to cut your veggies, etc and follow her instructions. You will be cooking your own food at your own cooking station. The class is a well oiled machine at this point. The cookbook you receive is professional looking and full of good recipes. I've taken 3 classes there over two years and been delighted with each.

1  Thank sansai123
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

My friend and I traveled through Chiang Mai and booked a cooking class at A Lot of Thai. All I can say is, wow! What an amazing and personal experience. What makes this class so unique is that it is taught in the instructor's home. You receive a true Thai experience and create incredible dishes. The owner, Yui is a very talented cook/teacher and loves what she does. This is a must do for Chiang Mai!

2  Thank Kelly Anne F