Eagle House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Chiang Mai
See available hotels
Karinthip Village(Chiang Mai)
Prince Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Joe Guest House(Chiang Mai)
President(Chiang Mai)
Centro CNX(Chiang Mai)
Miami Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Lux Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
New Mitrapap Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
All reviewschilli clubrooms are cleanstayed here for nightstoursbahthostelbackpackers
Reviewed 7 January 2015

We stayed in eagle house no.1 for a couple nights and got a room with 3 beds for a total of 350 baht (less than 3€/4$ p.p.). the beds were ok, the bathroom clean, there was a fan but you didnt really need it in november/december. Nothing fancy but more than sufficiant for bagpackers.

The hostel itself is in a quiet spot close to the old city, everything is easy reachable.

The staff and especially annette was really nice and did help us with everything. They all speak english, annette is actually irish and also fluent in german and thai.

We are giving the guesthouse 4 stars for the food aswell, the pancakes are a dream, the smoothies are also good, often we couldnt decide if we should get thaifood for breakfast. You can refill your waterbottles so not to buy unnescesarry plastic. All the ingreedience are fresh and local (e.g. coffee)

We did do a very nice 2-day tour aswell and included the special places we wanted to visit (doi inthanon). Over night we slept in a local village. Later we enjoyed a nice day at cooking class. You get a realy nice cookbook which we already tried out back home.

Room Tip: All cheap rooms are on groundlevel. You will probably not need an AC.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2014

Stayed here during Songkran. Basic enough rooms, aircon was optional if i recall. Good common area, staff were helpful. We booked a cooking course with them. Highly recommend doing it, the chef that taught us how to cook was very funny. He took us to the market to buy our ingredients. You get a cook book with all the popular Thai dishes. It gives you the measurements to cooking for 1 or 4 people. Probably not the easiest place to find if you're walking but the taxi drivers know where it is! Theres also a great restaurant around the corner

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Niamh M
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Even with their apartments, I sometimes come here to stay and hide from everyone. In my opinion, this is one of the cheapest places. Pretty ascetic, but still clean. I am well enough sleep and rest my brain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Roman F
Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

While this place is not swish it is comfortable and astonishing value. I stayed a whole week for less than the cost of the one night I stayed in a wannabe swanky establishment five minutes walk away that fell down on the basics.

Eagle House has its own very competent kitchen staff there to ply you with delightful food eleven hours a day and the ambience is great. The cost is comparable to the local budget restaurants. This is such a bonus.

I had an air conditioned room with en suite facilities and a private balcony with a view of an ancient religious structure for 340 baht (£6.75).

OK the room is a tiny bit tired but the bed suited my back and the air conditioning was first class.

For value, ambience, staff helpfulness and beautiful food I think this place is brilliant. Look at my other reviews and you will see I don't heap praise lightly.

I can also recommend the one day trek that doesn't include elephants, rafting or gawping at tribal people hoping to sell you stuff you don't want. The guide is from the remote countryside and when he cooks you a meal at lunchtime over an open fire in a private house you will be amazed at how such basic food can be so lovely.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Howard D
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent 2 nights at Eagle House in July. The room was clean and very cheap. The staff is nice and always ready to help you. They also organize trekking tour in the mountain of Doi Inthanon park with a fantastic guide.. mr Doh! I recommend to you to go there!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends