US$77
US$72
US$141
US$99
Trip.com
Holiday Inn Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$48
US$42
Mercure Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$31
US$27
Trip.com
Dusit Princess Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$47
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

US$144
Agoda.com
US$218
US$177
Priceline
2,227 results
All reviewshorizon clubkad cafechi spanight marketpremier roomhealth clubpool staffthe executive loungepool areaclub roommain restaurantbeautiful hotelour honeymoonbuffet breakfastold citytuk tukrooms are large
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Let me just say ...what an elegant, well designed hotel!

We were guests for 4 nights at the Shangri-La Chiang Mai (15-19/01/13). There is something special about Chiang Mai and the Shangri-La captures this in the design and beautiful decorative aspects of the hotel. This is a grand property that manages to feel intimate. From our perspective, the location was perfect, close to the cultural highlights of the Old City, a stroll from the fun of the night market and a brief ride to the airport.

We were assigned a Deluxe Room on the 8th floor overlooking tranquil gardens and lagoon pool. Everything about the spacious, quiet, guestrooms is pleasing and comfortable, pillow top king size beds, tasteful furnishings, ample closet/storage space, large bathroom with rain shower and luxury bath amenities. Flat screen TV, good channel selection, the only thing lacking is an IPod docking station.

Buffet breakfast selections are exceptional, varied daily and include every dietary/cultural preference. We dined twice on property, the International Seafood Night and Silapa Thai Lounge, both were enjoyable. Off property, one of the top restaurants, Whole Earth (Thai/Indian) is just a 4 minute walk away; numerous others are accessible by short taxi ride and casual local spots within walking distance.

The swimming pool and tropical gardens are exceptional, so lovely and serene you would never know a busy city lies beyond. The chaise lounges are first quality and comfortable. On arrival, attentive pool staff welcome with towels and a tray containing a pitcher of ice water and sliced fresh pomelo. It is exceedingly easy to spend a day being pampered poolside. If there is a downside, it is that the gorgeous pool is quite cool, swimming vigorously is necessary at first, when the hotel is busy chaise lounges will be at a premium during peak hours.

We loved our experience at the Shangri-La Chiang Mai and although we looked forward to Koh Samui, we departed the hotel regretfully and with fond memories. As a postscript, on arrival at the next hotel we discovered several articles of clothing were left behind (a sign we did not want to leave). When contacted, the Duty Manager assured us the belongings had been found and arranged a courier package to our final destination. Characteristic of the excellent service we received throughout our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Myrna C
Reviewed 7 February 2013

After some initial communication issues over e-mail about my airport pick-up, all went well. The driver was at the airport to meet me, and whisked me off to the Shangri-La, a short distance away. I stayed here for five nights, and quite enjoyed this lovely hotel. The room was spacious and comfortable - the bathroom large as well. My room looked out toward the pool. It must have been a low time as there did not seem to be all that many people there, and I was never bothered by noise from other rooms. The only thing that did bother me was the sound of the air conditioning unit in my room - louder than normal, it seemed - I actually had to turn it off during the night in order to get to sleep and hoped the room wouldn't get too warm (- and I meant to tell this to the management, who so kindly called my room near the close of my visit to ask how my stay had been but I was in a rush and couldn't talk at that time...) The breakfast buffet was always excellent - with a nice variety of offerings. (One thing I remember though on the first day was mosquitoes flying around my table - so be prepared for that.) The staff members that welcome you to breakfast were so kind - one girl who was there every day always remembered either my room number or my name and gave a warm greeting. She was lovely. Also nice was the musicians who played in the lounge in the evenings - piano, and such. Nice ambiance. Staff members were friendly and smiling. The location was good - I was able to walk around in the evening by myself and felt safe.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WItravelingirl
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Had an oppurtunity to stay at the Shangri-La Chaing Mai, Its a great hotel and the staff is very courteous. Did not eat at the hotel, but the breakfast spread at Kad Kafe is nice. Rooms are spacious and great view of the pool side. Massage are authentic and expensive, you will not regret it though.

I recommend to my friends in the network to experience a stay at this hotel. I have stayed here for 4 nights.

Cheers

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and have a pool side view on one side, please ask for deluxe rooms for the space.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam G
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Our stay at Shangri La Chiang Mai was in Dec 2012 and we stayed there for 7 nights. This review is a little late but I felt compelled to write as we are still talking about the wonderful time we had at Shangri-la Chiang Mai. Even though our airport transfer was arranged at the very last minute, the driver was early to greet us upon our arrival. Nice start to our holiday.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were ushered to the Horizon Club for check-in. The service at the Horizon Club was excellent. We are particularly very fond of George, who never failed to attend to our needs, be it just a simple cup of coffee or help arrange for land tours. The other service staff at the Club were also excellent (apologies for not getting all your names). They remembered that I liked earl grey and my husband loved coffee.
We had a couple of meals at the restaurant, buffet & a-la-carte. Both were equally good and value for money. I love the Tom Yum Gung & Padd Thai. Room service was also excellent -- didn't have to wait for long and they cleared up fairly quickly once we notified them that we were done with the meal.
Had a massage at the Chi Spa. It's expensive but it's one of the best massages I've had so far. The masseure was very attentive & I felt totally relaxed after the massage.
Location is fairly convenient. The Night Market is about 10mins walk from the hotel and everywhere else is eaily reached by tuk-tuks or taxis which can be easily arranged from the hotel.
The only thing we didn't enjoy was the noise and crowd during our stay. There were three grand weddings held consecutively one after another. Saving grace was that our room was not facing the pool as that was where the party was held right into the wee hours. Even though we loved the swimming pool, we were somewhat restricted from using it at times due to the party.
At the end of each day out, we looked forward to "coming home".

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenAng
Reviewed 6 February 2013

On our recent trip to Chiang Mai, we had stayed in this hotel as it was conveniently located within the city center,
We arrived around 12.pm and the rooms were ready, the check in process was smooth and effortless,
The rooms are huge and functional even though we stayed in deluxe room which is the base category in this hotel.
We did not eat in any restaurant of this hotel as most of time we were our exploring the city but we had breakfast in KAD KAFE and the spread was good and tasty.
The check out very fast and efficient the hotel is just 10 minutes by car to Chiang Mai International
Airport,
If you are travelling as a couple and kids and want to have a very soothing, quiet, clean and close to all the action the city has to offer then this is the hotel look no further. .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends