“Clean basic rooms, good location, a little over priced”
Review of Baan Karnjana

Baan Karnjana
Ranked #223 of 310 Ko Samui B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Stayed here for a two nights in early May. The rooms were clean and basic and the grounds were lovely. Located just off the main street of Lamai, it is mere seconds from the beach, restaurants and pubs. We haggled them down to 700thb a night for an aircon room with a fridge, cable TV and private bathroom. In hindsight, we probably could have got something similar on the beach for the same price. Breakfast is not included (no restaurant) and there was a moldy, mildewy smell permeating from the bathroom and a weird looking spider doing the meet and greet on the toilet bowl - both were dealt with by a good lash of bug spray. The staff were at best disinterested and at worse surly (except for the young man sometimes behind reception who couldn't have been nicer). I suspect we would have enjoyed our stay a whole lot more were the staff friendlier, more welcoming and perhaps not on the chatting on the internet most of the time.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baan Karnjana

Reviewed 13 April 2010

We stayed here for one night as we travelled from Koh Phagnan and were getting a flight out of Koh Samui the next day. The rooms are basic but ok, the location is alright and they have a garden out the back that is quite nice. Unfortunately thats it for the good points so here's the bad.
The staff at check in had no time for us at all and basically looked like they wanted to be somewhere else. When I got to my room I noticed a light on the wall with no lampshade, I thought nothing of it because its not exactly a 5 star hotel. When I went to check out the next day they did a room sweep before they let me check out, this in itself made me suspicious and lo and behold my suspicion was confirmed when they came back and said there was a problem.
They accused me of stealing or breaking the lampshade that didn't exist to start with, when I pointed out it couldn't have been broken as there was no trace of broken glass anywhere they basically accused me of stealing it and would not give me back any of my 500 Baht deposit. I argued for a while but they would not shift. I feel these guys intentionally set out to cheat me as I was a tourist who was only staying one night and I will definately not be going back again. I urge you if you do end up staying here to check your room thorougly and if anything looks like it is missing report it before you get ripped off as well!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BelfastKenny
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Tony, UK
i stayed here for a month whilst on holiday with a friend. Rooms were nice, air-con, comfortable bed and cleaned regularly. Good bathroom and toilet. cable tv reception a bit hit and miss but with a little bit of fiddling picture was watchable with some english stations. nice friendly staff. good location in lamai central but still reasonably quite at night. nice gardens. would stay again, i paid 750 baht a night which is not bad if your on a holiday and want a bit of comfort.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I have just stayed at this hotel for the month of December and found it perfect for my needs. It was clean and modern with western toilet and a heated shower, OK the shower was not very powerful but it was absolutely fine. It has satalite TV with english movie channels if you want a quiet night in and the staff will arrange anything you want in the line of days out, taxis and helpful information. Nice big double bed, quiet air conditioning and clean linen. They have a central safe that they do not charge for and off street parking if you rent a car or scooter.

I would have no qualms recommending this hotel whatsoever

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2009

We stayed here for 6 weeks and enjoyed every minute of it!! The people were so friendly and went out of their way to help us with everything, they even gave me flowers on my birthday!! Rooms were immaculate and the bathroom was stunning! Rooms had cable TV, a lockable drawer in the dresser, air con, a fridge and a gorgeous patio area.
The garden area had a number of tables and chairs all made out of tree trunks which was all very pretty. Cleaners came every other day and for all of the 6 weeks it was always immaculate. We had family coming out to us and so requested the room next door which was arranged with no problems. We also arranged to hire a jeep and organised airport taxis with them. Location is also superb! We have every intention of staying here every time we visit Samui.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple