“1st & last”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I was quite excited when looking at the pix of the fresh seafoods from various websites before visiting this place. We ordered a large Mantis Shrimp (stir fried with garlic), the usual creamy Tom Yum Goong, Stir fried Clams with bean, Stir fried Morning Glory, Som Tum and a plain fried rice for my child. Some of the previous comments in the reviews were right--this place is more a Chinese seafood restaurant rather than a Thai one. Having said so, most of the dishes we ordered were not even Chinese-properly made. Most were overly too sweet for us and more peculiarly, one of the dishes was cooked in a funny way, i.e.: stir fried morning glory cooked with starch (don't you lose the freshness of the veggie?). On the positive side--staffs were friendly (maybe we came in late when crowd has subsided), my kid loves the fried rice (the wok did the job well) & we didn't get any tummy aches like other reviewers. Will we come back? Maybe not--dinner costed ca. THB 1,900 that night for that kind of quality.

1  Thank 4ri4

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Was recommended by my hotel about this restaurant as she go around samui looking for good thai food on her off days..
so that kinda give me confidence on the authenticity of the food quality.
True enough, I was impressed and really glad that I finally get to have some really good thai dishes (that's coming from an Asian tastebud)
Here comes the comment on the food itself.. I ordered a few staple dishes to test the authenticity- a wing bean salad, tomyum goong(in a coconut shell with 3giant prawns), and pad thai.
All 3 passed with flying colours- surprisingly and gladly so. What delights me is they have an extensive range of thai salad in their menu- this also shows the confidence of the restaurant, as not many places offer that.
Surely, I told myself I don't need to venture elsewhere for good local thai food- going to try the other dishes.
On some of the comments from this thread, indeed agree that there are quite a lot of Chinese tourist. Even the waiters keep talking to me in Chinese, even though I told him I'm not from China.
That night was fine actually. In fact, with the place full, they can still maintain a high food std. this only tells me the place can do the thai dishes really well

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Recommended by the staff of the resort where i stayed, passionately looking for this telltale restaurant afterwards. But alas...after have set foot there, just found out that this restaurant caters to large group of Chinese Tourists, even the staff greeted us with Chinese language (we are not Chinese)!
Food are standard like you can have at cheaper local restaurants around Samui!

1  Thank Liandy_Vu
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

So this restaurant was recommended to us by another restaurateur in the area, so I expected it to be good, or bearable at least.

The place looks horrible, like a really bad canteen.

There are cats in the kitchen where the food is prepared, so that's a big no no.

The food was ok, but I was really sick at the end of the evening, so not sure if it was the food, but I'm very convinced it was.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you paying for food, I believe you need to get what you paying for.

Go elsewhere in Koh Samui.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Might not be the prettiest but it sure does awesome food! Tried so many dishes here and love them all. The fish is yummy, the noodles are delish and the service is FAST! Will be back .. again - for sure!