“Saving Grace for South Indian food seekers”
Review of Madras Darbar

Madras Darbar
Ranked #64 of 1,000 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

After spending a few days in Thailand, I was really looking forward to keeping my hands on some decent South Indian food after having an overdose of Thai cuisine. Madras Darbar came to my rescue. Had ordered a South Indian thali which was truly authentic. They served drumstick sambar pure South Indian style along with rice, rasam, vegetables, pickle and papad. I should highlight here that this is the only place where the rice was Indian variety. Usually, most Indian restaurants in Thailand serve rice of sticky variety which is popular in Thailand. Also, my friend had ordered butter naan with some gravy which I don't recollect but I know it was very authentic and tasty. I highly recommend this place to satisfy your Indian food cravings.

1  Thank Pradeep B
There are newer reviews for Madras Darbar

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I love Indian food and this was a good spot to visit. Good service and large portions. However, I feel that it was a little pricey.

2  Thank bsebonsai
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Incredible is word I will use particularly because we were solely dependent on Madras Durbar for our daughter. The service and food is amazing and the food was better than most top rated restaurants back in India. The location is central and in 2nd road. The staff speaks Hindi and English. Overall fantastic restaurant.

3  Thank Nithin M
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Always seem to end up here when we fancy an Indian, it never lets us down, really good South Indian food, very popular with Indians, not so popular with Europeans, give it a try, if you like Indian food this us one of the best in Pattaya, especially recommend their Dosa's and the dahls. Much more user friendly now they have extended and refurbished.

4  Thank Philip G
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Happy to see they have grown a lot with new extension. Now you have a pure veg section. Always delighted to have good food here.

3  Thank TarunG