LK The Empress
  • Room Service
Baan Sila(Pattaya)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach roadfamily mart convenience storejacuzzi bathhot waterhotel lobbybreakfast buffetroom servicelocation is greatthe breakfast areaegg stationcomfortable roomsrooms are bigsmall balconynice roomthe ground floormini barlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I was lucky enough to stay at the LK the Empress recently during the rainy season. I was on vacation and this was one of the 3 hotels I choose to stay on this trip.

First, let me say that the location is amazing. It is located on Soi 12 on Beach Road, which is only 1k to Walking Street and 1.5k to Soi 6. I found the central location easy to navigate, simple to get a baht bus or taxi, and convenient.

The following is a list of what I found good and bad about this property. These are only my opinions.

The Good
**The hotel is in an amazing location as I stated above, due to this I found this hotel one of my favorite stays in Pattaya. The hotel is across the street from the beach.
**Hotel breastfast buffet and restaurant. Any hotel with a breastfast buffet is great while traveling in Thailand, this is due to many locations and food vendors not being open until 10 am to 11 am.
**Beautiful views. I was fortunate enough to book a Sea View room and the view was worth every penny.
**Family Mart / Convenience store located on the bottom floor. Great for late night / early morning needs.
**Comfortable bed and room. The decor and furnishings of this room were above average from hotels in Pattaya. This allowed for great rest and relaxation when needed. Note that the room had a very large bathtub, this is rare and a great addition.

The Bad
**No safe crossing to the beach. As noted the hotel is across the street from the beach. This is amazing but there is no safe way to cross that street. The street can be very busy and there is no place near the hotel to cross other than timing your cross with the traffic.

TIPS: !!!
The hotel does have a laundry service. Although this service is more expensive than local laundry options this convenience is a help when traveling and maximizing time.

To close I will repeat my stay to LK the Empress. It was comfortable, beautiful and had a perfect location.

Room Tip: This hotel is guest friendly. You are able to have people visit you in your room which is great due to its amazing view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dmortuus
LK_Management_Team, customer service at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear dmortuus

Thank you for sharing your experience to our fellow TripAdvisor members. We appreciate your recommendation of LK The Empress as a great hotel to stay for guests visiting Pattaya.

It is our endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. We thrive on the satisfaction of our guests and are proud to receive your kind remarks about all our offerings. It is heartening to know that you had a wonderful time here.

We thank you again for giving us a chance to be at your service and for appreciating the different facets of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your compliments and patronage are invaluable to us and we assure you that you would enjoy the same high level of hospitality every time you stay with us.

Thank you again for your positive feedback. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights, nice room, bed medium soft, good service, cool AC, good location, good breakfast, easy parking, All round a winner. Pool is average, and not very interesting overall. More a big plunge pool. Still good value for money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
LK_Management_Team, customer service at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear David W

Nice to hear from you feeling happy with your staying in our hotel. We thank so much for your praising about our hotel.

We will try to do better for your staying in next trip. Looking forward to seeing you again soon at LK The Empress.

Kind Regards ,

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We booked this Hotel as it was across the Pattaya beach and a convenient location. When booking, we had made a request on Booking.com for a late check out as per our transfer (2 hour drive) and flight from Bangkok Airport.

The hotel and facilities were good, except for the fact that when we checked with the receptionist on out late check out, we were asked to pay 2000THB extra. Inspite our request on records, the receptionist made a statements that she had worked in "INDIA" and knows how to handle "INDIAN CUSTOMERS".

This was totally uncalled for and unnecessary. We did complain to the Management and were given a reassurance and apology by them.

For booking a Suite and made subject to such comments, I recommend you take a good look around on your choices.

The property, breakfast, location, etc is great. Its just the bad attitude of one of their staff members that was very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
LK_Management_Team, customer service at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear M400052

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments, because it is through these reviews that we can meet our challenges head on. We extremely regret for your inconveniences during stay with us in many items.

We will personally look into the issues that you have outlined, meet with our department managers and reinforce our company policies that center on positive guest satisfaction. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Exceptional location. Good staff. Nice pool. Nice clean good sized room. Had some maintenance issues in the room but it wasnt an issue, both were rectified within 10 to 15 minutes. Hotel is easy to find, is in walking distance to almost everywhere. Great value for money. Will definately stay again on my next visit to Pattaya.

Room Tip: Take a seaview room if it is within your budget.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
LK_Management_Team, customer service team at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Luke C

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I really love this hotel. However, an incident happened whereby the front desk did not handled the issue properly. As I have extended my stay in pattaya, I booked another room which is not the same type so I asked to extend my room using the booking. I was told that it is ok on my first and I can make the payment on the day of extension. However, on the last day, I was not able to extend the room and had to move to another room. And they insisted that I should have make the payment on the first day to confirm the booking and insisted that they did not said it is ok to make the payment later to confirm the booking. Which is not true and clearly they are trying to cover this up.

As a four star hotel, it would be wasted to be pulled down by a dishonest front desk staff. It would be easier to admit the fault and I would not have said anything.

Other than that, the location is great. About five to ten minutes walk from Hotel to Central Festival or Swiss Garden. Walking street is about 20 mins walk away. Movie channels are great too. Five movie channels but only 2 are in English. There is a small laundry shop up the road which is cheap and good. Internet was fast too.

The room itself is really clean, big and comfortable to stay in, standing shower, bath robes, toiletries. And with a small balcony which allowed me to smoke so I do not stink the room. Furniture are indeed abit of old design. It would be good if they can change to the modern design. Jacuzzi was great but not really a fan of it so used only once.

f you can afford, get the room with the beach view.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
LK_Management_Team, customer service at LK The Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Jerrick S

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel, it is a pleasure to read that you liked our service and thank you for sending us your feedback.

We appreciate your comments and suggestions. By telling us what you don't like and needs to be improved , you are helping us deliver great customer service to our other guests in the future.

Once again, thank you for choosing LK The Empress and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,