“Bad service and dirty”

At Mind Serviced Residence
Ranked #69 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I stayed at this hotel on last summer and had a good experience. Therefore I came back and stayed at this hotel again on last Easter. However, it really turned me down this time. The room is dirty, my foot turned black after I walked on the floor, dust was everywhere, air conditioner was not cold enough and cockroach was found inside the hotel room. Also, I was treated very rude and impolite by a waitress in the hotel restaurant. Finally I complain to the hotel manager and received a very positive reply. This was the only thing I feel appreciated at this hotel. But I'm not going to stay at

Room Tip: Location is kinda far from the downtown.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank I5352MOsarahw
Hotel M, Manager at At Mind Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Khun I5352MOsarahw

Thank you for taking the time to share detailed feedback following your recent stay. However, I regret to hear about housekeeping and restaurant service . After i discussed with you on that day. I have shared your feedback with our management team .Then our housekeeping team concentrate all cleanness to your room and all other guest room . Also discuss with the restaurant manager to improve the service in the restaurant . Please accept my apologies and kindly note that @Mind serviced residence, we take guest satisfaction very seriously that the service of the guest has top priority...

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to @Mind Service Residence Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

我系旅程前一個多月進行預訂兩晚四人大房,合共為港幣$2900。之前在本網也有看過這間酒店的負評,但心想都已經是16年的事,因此想試一下,誰知這真是一個惡夢。

到步第一天,酒店應該是因為overbook,居然把我們的四人房改為兩間兩人房,並且編了一個謊言說因有客人在遊玩時有了ICU(深切治療部)而未能退房!荒謬!要到第二天才有四人房可住。

*兩間房除了房間大小不同外,價錢亦不同,一個月前雙人房平均房價為雙人房約$400連稅,但酒店卻只為臨時轉房型以贈送早餐為賠償,我們不同意後居然按當日價格退THB$1000(即約港幣約$200),要經多翻爭取才有較合理的退款*

第二天,四人房比較污穢,而浴缸卻不能去水,得物而無所用。

另外,如果你需要另外加一張毛毯,亦需要繳付THB$100

This is are very disappointed experience in this hotel. We had seen the bad comment of this hotel at trip-advisor, but the bad comment also before 2016, so we want to try once, that's a wrong choice in my whole life.

We had book the 4 person big room in this hotel before more then one month, and when we arrived hotel, the staff told us a lie, said they have a customer in the ICU, so the customer could not check out on time, they need one more day to check out the room. We found the news in the web site, there are not any accident, so we felt ridiculous of the hotel.

Without the room size, the price are also different on it, when we book the room, 4 person room are $1400 HongKong dollars within tax, but the 2 person room just $400 Hong Kong Dollars within tax, but the hotel just offer a one day free breakfast for us, that's more ridiculous! We didn' accept, so hotel said it can paid THB$1000 (aroundHong Kong dollars $200)for us, but we also think that is not a reasonable to compensate the suddenly change.

That is a very bad management of this hotel, I highly recommend if you want to have a wonderful trip experience, please don't select this hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Khun Law N

We do apologize for the incident happened to you during your stay with us last week. We totally understand how stressful guests can be when facing with the situation that occurred. Please kindly accept our sincere apology once again. Due to the ICU-Emergency situation with prior guests that occupied that two bedrooms a night before your check-in, it was an unavoidable situation that unintentionally force us to switch your first night only (out of two nights) to be in 2 separate Deluxe Rooms as we do not have any other Two Bedroom Suites available at all for that night. Guest satisfaction is always our top priority, therefore we have gone extra miles and provided to you based on your signed acknowledgement and acceptance dated April 21, 2017 on below actions to ensure fair compensation on what happened:
- Your original booking was for room only (no breakfast), we have offered you complimentary breakfast for all occupied guests (4 guests) for your whole stay (2 nights) instead of providing it for the incident night only (Total valued cost of 4 breakfast for 2 days = THB 2,000)
- We have furthermore refunded to you THB 3,000 for the difference in rates of Deluxe Room and Two Bedroom Suites that you have booked for that night which you were fairly satisfied and signed for the refund upon check out.

From these mutually agreed actions above, we truly hope for your sympathy and understanding of the whole situation which we did not intend it to happen. Once again, please kindly accept our sincere apology and hope that you will give us another chance to accommodate you when you visit Pattaya in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Great apartment style hotel, wanted to stay for a while and finally made the change.
Room is clean and super well maintained!
I think they were just renovating room in my floor.
Everything I needed in a 50m suite.
Great basic comforts, well mannered and help full staff!
This will be my new go to hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Hotel M, Manager at At Mind Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Khun Angus H

I am excited to read your fantastic review. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to know how much you appreciated your stay at @Mind Serviced Residence Hotel. Please let us know when you will visit Pattaya again; we would be pleased to help with any necessary arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Positives:

We stayed here for four nights & were happy to find that the location is away from the noisy areas of Pattaya. Yet a short minute's walk will take you to the main road.

Our apartment was a studio but was spacious. Comfy beds, TV with excellent channels, plenty of seating, etc.

Unfortunately, we did not use the kitchenette, but it will be great for anyone who likes to cook their own meals. We bought in a lot of our food so liked that we had the microwave to heat up food.

Our balcony faced the beautiful yet small pool, it was never busy at any time of the day so it's great for those who enjoy lounging about. It was really convenient to book an island tour, just head to the desk & there are many things they will suggest for you, easy peasy! You pay at reception so you're not handling too much money when you're on your trip (we tipped our guy because he was really good with us).

Negatives:
The exhaust of the air conditioning which was on the balcony was leaking which contributed to mosquitoes. Luckily we had repellants at hand. The toilet was never clean on the inside which was a shame. While the breakfast spread was great, the eggs were already pre-cooked & left to be cold. All minor things in our opinion but would have warranted five stars otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine-Ethan
Hotel M, General Manager at At Mind Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Khun Catherine-Ethan

Thank you for sharing this very nice review with us on TripAdvisor. It’s a real pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our hospitality.

Thank you as well for recommending about our hotel location , facilities in room kitchenette facilities ,tour service and breakfast service .Moreover , thank you very much for your other negative comment. Please accept my apologies and kindly note that I have shared your feedback with our management team for further consideration. @Mind serviced residence, we take guest satisfaction very seriously that the service of the guest has top priority...

We can’t wait to welcome you back to @Mind Serviced Residence Hotel for your next Stay.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I staid there for 2 nights; it's a nice hotel, probably newly renovated, few hundred meters from Beach road. Nice rooms, very spacious and clean. Huge fridge (not minibar) and small kitchen available. Small but nice both swimming pool and gym. Not a luxus accomodation, but totally worth. Good cocktails served at the swimming pool, but no idea about restaurant and breakfast. 7/11 located at 1 minute walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at At Mind Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Khun Bodo8

I am excited to read your fantastic review. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to know how much you appreciated your stay at @Mind Serviced Residence Hotel Pattaya. Please let us know when you will visit us again; we would be pleased to help with any necessary arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ in the very near future.

Pattarapong phocharoentham