All reviewshoneymoon suitesea viewthai riceswim up barfive star hotelkoh larnamazing hotelfantastic stayswimming poolpool staffpattaya citytaxithailandmaharanibahtluxuryloungers
Reviewed 20 March 2016

This hotel is a bit overrated. Had the honeymoon suite with view of the ocean, although I had no view of the ocean, just trees. Rooms are small, had to wait 10 minutes for hot water when I wanted a shower. Bed was hard, but most disappointed of all was the price of everything. You are very far from everything and don't even think about a taxi, too expensive. Food was too costly and we had to rent a motorbike. Place seemed empty. Everything looks nice and service was good, but not somewhere I would stay again, as for the price there are many options near town.

Room Tip: Higher floor or you will see trees and plan to rent a motorbike (200 bht per day)
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, Pattaya.

We are very disappointed that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations, especially as majority of our rooms have an amazing sea view due to our idyllic location, and we would have been delighted to have changed your room at the time if it was not to your liking.

We very much appreciate your frank feedback regarding the hot water issue, and have forwarded your comments to the Housekeeping Manager for review with the team. We wish you had let us know of your disappointment during your stay and given us the opportunity to address any issues to improve the quality of experience. Please may I invite you to contact me directly at antonello@royalcliff.com when I may have the opportunity to respond to you personally and restore your faith in Royal Cliff Hotels Group!

We very much hope this did not mar your stay, as we are looking forward to the pleasure of offering you a warm welcome on your next visit to the hotel.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Firstly ,I'd like to say thank you to Front Office Manager (Khun Punda) for very warmth welcome and email response.
We were there at 12.00PM ,they allow me to early check-in at very beautiful room.
Everyone at the hotel is very polite ,staff were helpful and great service.
There is many pool , many restaurants and many bars.Make sure that you visit all of them. That was awesome !

Location is what I NEED , easy to access the attraction area.And there is not crowd at all. very peaceful!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing such a great and special review with a high score in each department following your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to know you had a wonderful stay and a great check-in experience! It is very rewarding to know that we exceeded your expectations.

I can't tell you how much this very personal and heartfelt TripAdvisor review has meant to the entire team here at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, Pattaya!

It is always wonderful when one of our own do something so memorable that the guest remembers their name and recognizes them for such great service.

Ms. Punda is a very essential part of our management team and is mentioned regularly by guests like yourselves. She really leads the way in guest service for our team and is particularly good at anticipatory service. She seems to know what you need and has it done for you before you even knew you needed it!

We will be sure to pass on your comments to her as well the entire Royal Cliff Hotels team. Pattaya is a ways away, but we really do hope you make it back for a repeat visit soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 7 March 2016

No doubt this is one of the best hotels in Pattaya! You can imagine the hotel must have put in a lot of effort to up-keep the hotel facilities for such a huge site, and I think they have done a fine job. We also had a wonderful dinner at the Royal Grill on our first night, not only the food was great, but the environment, staff service, the whole dining experience was first-rate!

However, it started going downhill when an Indian wedding party took over 2/3 of the hotel site for the party. We have been enjoying the quietness since the day we check-in, we enjoyed the Beach infinity pool area; but I think starting from Friday night, the wedding group started to take over the hotel section by section, the Grand infinity pool was completely taken over by the wedding party starting on Saturday morning; the music noise started around 930am so it is no way we could relax in our room before check-out, it felt like we live on the Walking Street in Pattaya, people start screaming, yelling, music was so loud worse in a nightclub and all the craziness that you can think of but don't forget that was not even noon yet!!

I think someone did write a similar comment here about two months ago, so I'm not sure why the hotel didn't take the comment seriously. I'm sure it must be a huge business deal for hosting such a big wedding party, if that is case, hotel should completely sealed off the Grand, Beach and Terrace areas, not just part by part; the hotel could have asked the wedding group to compensate all of the expenses so they could do whatever they want, so other hotel guests can either stay at the Royal Wing or not to stay there at all! But when you decided to host the wedding group while accepting bookings from other guests, you must have some kind of guidelines for the wedding party to ensure other guests would not be disturbed by a private party; not just sending a letter to inform hotel guests to accept the disturbance and expect we just accept the inconvenience caused?? If we like the noise, we could have just simply stay at the Hard Rock or Hilton, why people would go all the way to stay at your hotel???

Anyway, with this poor experience and with so many other hotel choices in Pattaya, I don't think we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Beach Terrace is great! But small bathroom
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigbigeye
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Royal Cliff Beach Terrace as your preferred choice of stay during your visit to Pattaya, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is wonderful to know that you have loved some aspect of your stay with us, and pleased to read in your review that overall you enjoyed the Royal Cliff’s facilities and services. Our Honeymoon Suites, facilities, heavenly gardens and abundant common area spaces were thoughtfully designed with much care given to guest comfort in mind. The Royal Cliff Beach Terrace is our most precious treasure and we are more than happy that you found it delightful. We are indeed grateful for the positive comments made by you. I had conveyed your appreciation to all concerned.

Also, we really appreciate your comments, and we thank you for dining at our Award-Winning “Royal Grill Room & Wine Cellar” restaurant. Your pleasant dining experience is an inspiration to the entire team, which has motivated them to continue conjuring delicious delicacies and serving diners to the best of their abilities. It is indeed a pleasure to note that we could add a new milestone to your culinary journey.

I certainly empathize regarding the points you mention in your review, especially that you encountered excessive noise disturbance issue. We took in note your remark about the noise and we would like to let you know that we welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to continuously improve all aspects of our service and standard quality.

We are so disappointed that the noise issue affected your stay to such a degree. Your experience with Indian wedding was unfortunate. We are indeed very sorry to hear of your experience, however, we wish you had let us know of your disappointment during your stay and given us the opportunity to address any issues to improve the quality of experience.

This certainly is not an intent as this is not reflective of the Royal Cliff Hospitality. Please accept our sincerest apologies and I request that you email me directly at antonello@royalcliff.com should you wish to discuss this further. My team and I hope we will have the opportunity to truly delight you with an excellent service soon.

Having expressed this sentiment we truly hope that you will allow us the chance to demonstrate that commitment on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I will tell why royal is better than any hotel
We stayed for 20 days and everything was fine ,we didn't have to go out of the hotel to eat or swim
We could enjoy a good environment that provides everything you need to complete our perfect trip ,and its good to bring you family the place is clean

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Royal Cliff Beach Terrace as your hotel on your first visit to Pattaya, and thank you so much for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor.

It was our pleasure to have your family and you stay with us and happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our hospitality. We really appreciate you have noticed that we try to keep the common areas as clean as possible in order to create a very inviting landscape for our guests. I have shared your appreciation with the team for their personalized customer service and comments like yours are our ultimate reward.

It's true, there are plenty of things to do here, and we are introducing even more exciting entertainment options over the next few months so you should definitely come back for another visit.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share about your excellent time at the Royal Cliff Hotels Group as well your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community, we are proud to have you as an ambassador of our resort and I look forward to welcoming you again on your next holiday.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Room: Mini-suite, 4th floor. Late Feb 2016. 4 Nights.
We got into a car accident, and the hotel staff was so helpful! That is so important (see item G below).
(a) Good room: great balcony, clean, comfortable, tv able to load video files in my USB, washroom slight design flaw, not enough counter space
(b) ***Amazing pool: Several of them, but the infinity pool was all that we needed, lovely sunset
(c) ***Great beach (unofficial one, 1 minutes walk from hotel 'beach'): good sand and water, relatively secluded, good and cheap food and fruits and drinks, good massage, good sunset, no towels, much better than the central beach
(d) Hotel beach: not good for swimming, good for sun
(e) Restaurants and Food: Above average, pool food good, morning buffet alright, waiter mostly good (1 unknowledgeable, 1 impolite)
(f) Transportation: Taxi is easy to get, just not cheap/not outrageous (200BH one way)
(g) ***Hotel Staff: Very Good - Our taxi was hit, we returned to the hotel lobby to rest. The concierge sent someone to the accident scene, got the taxi's insurance info, then escorted us to a private hospital for a check up (security Mr. Deng was a dear!). All expenses and transportation arranged and paid for us. The nurse even dropped by the next morning.
(h) Sunset Lounge: amazing place for a drink before dinner
(i) Mosquitoes: surprisingly sparse

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Thailand, and many thanks for the fantastic 5 Star Review posted!

We are indeed grateful by the way you described the hotel location, the room and amenities, the food quality, the private beach as well the entire resort facilities and the words of praise used for our genuine staff services. Firstly, I have to agree that the hotel has an amazing view of the Gulf of Thailand, great staff & rooms, a tasty breakfast and an overall excellent food quality. Secondly, we are delighted to know that you had an excellent stay at the hotel and were particularly impressed with the services.

My staff and I really appreciate your comments, especially concerning how our associates handled the situation. On behalf of the entire Hospitality Team thank you very much for your outstanding customer review of our genuine staff services. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with thoughtful and intuitive service delivery, and I am proud to work with such fantastic team, and I’m very happy that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful review of our Royal Cliff Beach Terrace as well your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community, we are proud to have you as an ambassador of our resort and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.