Royal Twins Palace Hotel
Max Hotel(Pattaya)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewswalking streetno safe in the roomfavorite hotelroyal gardenbuffet breakfast isroom service isnice poolsoi lk metrorooms are largebig hotelpattaya baywalkable distancenight lifepool areashopping mallbudget hotelhouse keeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel close to all the main attractions in Pattaya, clean, nice pool, breakfast ordinary, view excellent, staff friendly and helpful, needs more non-smoking floors

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njptower
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I'm going to this hotel since many years now and usually I stay for 3 or 4 weeks. It's a good value for your money. The positive things are the excellent location and the very spacious rooms. The negative things are the long waiting time for the lift and in the last years a lot more hotel customers using the swimming pool so that it's now almost like in Spain where you have to go 8 AM to put your towel on a seat to reserve it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MauLeuLeu
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have being holidaying in Thailand since 1990 and have stayed in many hotels in Pattaya. The Royal Twin Palace hotel represents excellent value for your money. The rooms are spacious and the hotel staff including reception,security, pool attendants and housekeepers were always pleasant and courteous. The hotel is situated in a quiet location in the very heart of a bustling city. There are many great value restaurants in the nearby vicinity and a major cinema complex which is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel.The Royal Plaza which is an upmarket shopping mall is situated just across the road and the beach is only a 5 minute stroll away. I don't think you could get a better location in all of Pattaya. Myself and my wife Liz stayed at the Royal Twins Palace Hotel for some 5 weeks and were never disappointed. Our friends Karen and Sandy stayed at the hotel with us for 2 weeks prior to their return to Scotland and they were also duly impressed. We all health permitting intend to return to this hotel in January 2013 and would certainly recommend it to all of our friends.My advice if you want an amazing view of the city particularly at night and including of Pattaya Bay stay in the odd room numbers high up. All in all this hotel and it's location represent excellent value for your money and after all that's what the Scots like.

Room Tip: The high floors give impressive views whether by day or night.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnboy56
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I and my friends; 6 in total arrived at this hotel at the end of our first week in Thailand having visited two other places and stayed in two other hotels both of which were less expensive than this hotel. To say that I was disappointed with this hotel is an understatement. First impressions are always important and the first thing we encountered when we arrived at this hotel was a blanket rudeness by the reception staff. In fact during the five nights we stayed at this hotel the only time the reception staff were polite to us was on the morning we checked out! The rooms themselves were dated and in need of a revamp. I did ask the hotel to replace a light bulb in our room on the first day I arrived and this was never done. The rooms did not have safes, safety deposit boxes are available at the reception desk which meant that to access them you had to put up with further rudeness. One of our number was Thai and did ask to speak to the Manager during our stay but the Manager failed to respond. On our departure we did leave a letter of complaint. I'm sure we will never receive a response. On the plus side the housekeeping staff kept the rooms clean and the pool area was nice and free towels were provided. Security guards are on duty 24 hours a day. Would I stay here again? Definitely NOT. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone else? Definitely NOT.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank joshuahenry
Reviewed 9 February 2012

enjoyed my stay, nice big room and cleaned daily..buffet breakfast okay.. the hotel is very busy with bus tours so ate breakfast elsewhere..internet lan in room not working for 5 days but this problem received little concern from the staff even though i had pre-paid to use it.
i found that reception staff spoke and understood limited english..security staff very good,,.pattaya of late has become so busy with thousands of russian people but i assume there winter of -15 celcius makes them seek a warmer climate but for future holidays i will seek alternative locations so as to assimilate for more locals and the true thai..even many of the t.v stations, resturants, and eaterties are all russian.

location excellent and as it is set back 150 metres off 2nd road it is quiet at night ..many night spots and shopping areas are all a short walk from the hotel

Room Tip: choose a room above level 8 for a good view but balconys are small..a/c excellent
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo