Review Highlights
Dreadful Tour Company - very unprofessional!

As most others have said, this is not a good tour company at all to see the James Bond... read more

Reviewed 10 February 2020
SimbasPride
Chester, United Kingdom
via mobile
Hmmm...

I enjoyed the experience until it was time to ride the elephant. I started seeing one the riders... read more

Reviewed 14 January 2019
TayC08
Columbia, SC

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from US$206.08
from US$21.81
from US$51.72
from US$37.74
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I went on this tour to Raya Island with my girlfriend this week and it was somewhat disappointing for the money paid (2,200Baht per person) . I have listed the reasons why here.
* The guide was always pushing to pay for extras such as;
* You have to rent fins (optional)
* You have to rent a deck chair once you arrive on Raya Island (optional) but needed as there is no shade and the sun is very hot.
* We did not go to Khon Khea Bay, which is supposed to be the better place to snorkel due to weather which was not very rough I suspect another reason such as they missed their slot.
* The guide's English was very bad and as a result nobody on the tour really knew what was happening (how much free time, when was lunch, where was lunch, how much time to snorkel, etc, etc)
*The boat needed repairs or something as the sea was flat and the boat was really rocking up and down really hard.
On the plus side Patok Bay was very nice and good for snorkelling, better than Siam bay.

3  Thank globalhippo
Reviewed 21 December 2009

My wife and I did safari program E, which is the elephant tour. The price includes roundtrip transportation to and from your hotel. Tour begins with a lengthy elephant ride around the compound. We exhanged cameras with a Japanese couple, which proved to be an excellent way to get lots of great pictures. This is followed by a show in which 3 younger elephants perform for the group. I volunteered for one of the stunts and it was hiliarious! We also paid an optional 50 baht to feed them bananas.

2  Thank JD_Who
Reviewed 18 February 2009

What a great place to go! My boyfriend and I did the 9in1 tour. We were picked up at our hotel right on time. There were only about 4 other couples on our tour with us. What an amazing adventure. From canoeing down a river and seeing monkeys out and about, to riding/feeding elephants. The baby elephant show was incredible -- be sure to volunteer! The cooking was great -- you even get a sample. After a few hours we were taken by private car to a beautiful outdoor restaurant, where each table had their own private hut. Very romantic, and the food was great.
It was an overall great time and our guides were very kind and spoke english well.

3  Thank jen6470
Reviewed 24 December 2007

Don't go for it ! Besides abuse of animals,it's a waste of time. Time better spent soaking up the surf and sun. Started with the ox-cart ride which took only a couple of minutes to cover the short distance.Then on to elephant ride; there were clear open sores on the animals from the sharp spike the trainers use to control them.The monkey and elephant shows that followed just adds more abuse.

10  Thank PgHopper
Reviewed 13 May 2007

Beginning of May my husband and I went on a sea safari provided by Island Safari, Koh Samui.What a waste of money that was. Indeed the views are spectacular, the islands, the ocean... However, the glitzy flyer is vague about times and places, they cover themselves saying:subject to change depending on weather and tides.The self proclaimed tour guide on the boat is not knowledgable about the area or is too lazy to share any background info, something we expected from a tour guide! Then their is the snorkeling!!!!They brought us in a long tail boat to the beach, gave us the mask&snorkel(no fins) and off we went in 30cm of water.NO coral, low tide, only rocks. Half the group ended up with cuts and bruises. Canoeing was peddling back from the beach to the boat, all in all 10min.To finish it off we went elephant riding,10min of pure animal abuse!Better off booking a scenic tour and go elsewhere canoeing and snorkling.

9  Thank vlgnic