“Nice place”

Hanoi Eclipse Hotel
Ranked #253 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights, 2 adults and 1 9 year old child. We loved the location, the breakfast, the service and the room. The only downside is that the rooms facing the street can be quite noisy, but it is not that bad. The location is great overall, the rooms are clean and spacious and breakfast is good. The staff is very helpful as well.

Room Tip: Get a room at thback if noise is an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CirclethePacific

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay we really enjoyed it there! The girl on the desk is really helpful and kind she organised lots of tours and taxis and just overall information. The rooms are great and the food in the kitchen was terrific! Thanks guys for all your hard work!

• Stayed: October 2014
6  Thank Aussiemitch888
Reviewed 20 October 2014

The superlatives on this hotel are often overdone. I see why. While it is basic as hotels go, the staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. They offer tours, but they don't pressure you. The location is also great. Turn left, turn right, walk straight to the lake. That was a major reason I chose it. The breakfast is decent. The choices are few. I had a room with a window and a balcony. It was worth dealing with the noise (That's just the way Hanoi is.) to have sunlight and a place to be outdoors from time to time. The service is the plus of this hotel. I stayed for two nights, left and came back for a one night stay. The air conditioning wasn't working so the manager took me another hotel that was a part of the hotel group. The room they offered didn't have a window. I told the manager of the Eclipse that I couldn't stay there. He took me to another hotel in the group where I again had a window and a balcony. Instead of giving me a song and dance about the lack of AC he made sure I was comfortable elsewhere. When I wasn't comfortable he tried again. That kind of service is what makes a basic stay a great stay

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank L0vejones
Reviewed 9 October 2014

We recently spent two nights at the Eclipse Hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly, but note - THIS IS A VERY BASIC hotel. So we absolutely got was we paid for, but there are certainly nicer places to stay at.

Hanoi in general is a very noisy city, however that didn't affect us too much on the 5th floor.

Breakfast is very basic... forget buffet though - there are about 2 - 3 items you can choose from off a menu, and that is it... no selection and no seconds.

Also, the rooms are not equipped with a safe, so passports and other valuables had to be locked in your suitcase - thus ensure your door and suitcase is locked at all times when staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 4th or 5th floor - it is very noisy in this part of the city. But it is close t...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DvzsJHB
Reviewed 24 September 2014

We went to Hanoi in late August for 7 nights. As the Hotel Eclipse was only charging US $25 p/n we booked for 7 nights. Xoan and her staff really looked after us and we booked a 2 day 1 night trip to Halong Bay and then a 2 day night trip to Mai Chau through the hotel.
We had a room with a balcony which I've read is much better than rooms at the back.
Couldn't fault the hotel for it's convenience and friendly service.
We ate nearby at the Gecko for simple food and the Green Mango was only 2 doors down and had a wonderful dining experience.
Totally recommend the hotel and street

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple