“Worst hotel ever”

Hanoi Eclipse Hotel
Ranked #250 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I booked this hotel based on people's reviews, never again you get what you pay for, I arrived in Hanoi 11:30 at night & arranged for someone from the hotel to pick me up, I walked up & drown the arrival gate for nearly an hour looking & waiting for my driver, in the end I had to get someone to drive me here only to find it all locked up, rang the bell so many time still no one is coming, in the end I had to kick the roller door & make that much noise for someone to open up, the people at the front desk were all asleep, even though I did inform them I would be arriving late, I was traveling on my own so this is not a good way to start your holiday, the only reason i stayed there that night is because it was late, I have found another hotel to go to in the morning, I give this hotel a 0 out of 10

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Joanne K

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

The staff is really nice! Specially Mike, Jenny, Anna! They help you find everything you need and they recomend you places to eat and visit during your stay!
The service is very good.
The location is perfect because is near everything in the old quarter!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2016

This was our favorite hotel in Hanoi. It was a small yet clean and modern. Amenity was simple and classy, which is far and few in between in Hanoi as most places try too hard to be "high class" but end up gaudy and tasteless. But the highlight was the staff. They were extremely professional, courteous, and proficient in English. They reminded me of the service we had at Japanese hotels. They offered car service to the airport which was around $18 for both of us instead of the usual $25 from Mai Linh. (Although I need to stress that we took Mai Linh taxi for all of our other local trips around Hanoi as they are one of the more credible taxi companies)

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2015

The host is friendly there and serve the best for us. They guided us the best place to visit in Hanoi and the most delicious food to explore. Good services provided and the hotel is very near to the streets.

Room Tip: Good services
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

Me and my wife sent to Hanoi on our honeymoon in october/november 2013. We wanted the "real experience", so we went from hotel to hotel, not using Trip Advisor at all in the beginning. But even after using Trip Advisor, and staying at the most liked hotels, we never experienced anything like Eclipse. The manager (I forgot his name, I'm afraid) and his staff are absolutely wonderful people. We stayed one night, then we tried other hotels, but eventually we returned to Eclipse again, because it simply felt like home-from-home.
The manager (I really wish I'd remember his name) also helped us book a trip to Ha-Long Bay, and it was brilliant.
Breakfast was good, the rooms are clean, services amazing and most of all - the staff almost felt like friends.
I can recommended this hotel to anyone. It is amazing - AND a bargain!
Thank you, Mr. Manager and staff!
//Long haired Swedish guy with beautiful wife

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple