“Great spot to stumble into”

Luxury Backpackers Hanoi
Ranked #1 of 450 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Arrived in this area of Hanoi on a bus with nowhere to stay, after a quick look at positive reviews, stopped in Luxury Backpackers and so glad I did! Was here for 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay.
1. The staff is just so nice. My Nguyen always had a genuine smile on her face and was always there to help. I saw them often helping travelers plan their tours, though that wasn't really for me, i prefer doing my own thing. No pressure from them though.
2. Ahhhh, a hostel with privacy curtains seriously makes all the difference. Enough said.
3. Rooms were nice. When I first walked in in the afternoon, it was a little hot and smelled kind of funky in my room, but after they cleaned that day it felt very clean and cool from there on out. They even put a very nice lemony oil diffuser which made the whole space much more fresh.
4. Good location! I thought i was great with directions but Hanoi confused the heck out of me. All I know is that I would walk around all day for miles and miles and eventually I'd find myself right back by the hostel by happy accident.
5. It's not a party hostel by any means, but the front area downstairs is a great place to meet fellow friendly travelers. I was a solo female and whenever I felt tired I enjoyed sitting in the little chairs in front just people watching or chatting with whoever came in.
6. Breakfast included is very tasty!! I would recommend, but there are also some great early morning pho stands that disappear later in the morning, so I would recommend skipping it one day and going in search of something a little more authentic.

Room Tip: Well, it's a walk up, so try to get something on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jacqueline M
LuxuryBPK, Tổng giám đốc at Luxury Backpackers Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Jacqueline,

I' am Mr David Le General Manager of Luxury Backpackers, On behalf of Luxury Backpackers hotel like to extend my profound thanks to you and chose to use hotel room services our company. While using our services, thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor.com , your sincere advice will help us improve the company over. We're happy to serve you and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The room was nice and clean, the staff is very helpful. James booked our traintickets for us. There are many breakfast options available and you can reach everything by foot. We'd recommend staying here!

1  Thank lovely l

Dear Lovely,

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My friends and I had a wonderful time at Luxury Backpack. Everyone there is sweet and very accommodating. Our trips to Ha Long Bay and Sa Pa were painless thanks to James. Looking forward to coming back!

1  Thank Amanda V

Dear Amanda,

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Had a great time at luxury backpacker. One of the cleanest and well put together hostels I've been to. Great free breakfast. Highly recommend the hostel. James is really helpful on reception with all your questions and queries.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom D

Dear Tom D,

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Great hotel! The rooms were neat and clean, the other guests were fellow travelers and very friendly and the staff was the absolute best. Breakfast was included and also delicious. Hien was the most incredible host to us and she even gave a us a late check-out so we could relax a bit before our flight home. We will definitely stay here during our next visit!

2  Thank Micah A