Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
US$56
US$88
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$103
Melia Hanoi(Hanoi)
US$93
US$38
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

US$85
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmr jamescurtain for privacyprivate roomold quarterbanh mihalong bayrooms are cleanawesome stayfood tourfree beerbook toursrecommend staying herefree breakfastno elevatorha noithe location is perfectspecial thanks
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Luxury Backpackers is the perfect place to stay in Hanoi. I had prompt and good e-mail exchanges with Mrs. Hien, one of the owners, before arriving in Hanoi, and when I arrived there, everyone in the hostel was more than accommodating.

Here are some specific comments:

(Note: my friend and I took the private twin room, so I am not sure about the dorm rooms.)

Pros:
- Hostel had amenities like towels, bottles of water, tea, coffee, etc.
- Air-conditioning was awesome.
- If this matters, there is also a television in the room with a good variety of channels.
- You can book tours like for Halong Bay or Perfume Pagoda from the hostel (their price is within the reasonable range; my friend and I also had very pleasant experiences with the tours they placed us in.)
- Centrally-located, between east and west side of Hanoi, so it's really near all the tourist spots and souvenir shopping places.
- Breakfast was good (though not a buffet, but at least it was already included in the hostel fee.)
- There is a banh mi stall right outside the hostel that serves awesome banh mi.
- Overall, they really just took great care of us customers.

Cons (quite minor, I think):
- Quite a problem for those with a difficulty walking as there is no elevator to the higher floors; the stairs are quite steep too.
- The toilet and shower area has frosted glass, and the shower area has a curtain, but these are still quite translucent so it may be awkward for people both outside and inside the toilet area. (I went with a friend so I had to look away each time my friend uses the toilet.)
- They do allow people to store their baggage when they check in/out earlier than scheduled, but they don't have a secure place to do that. Though none of our things went missing (which at least shows how the staff takes great care of our things,) there is still the risk of another person taking your things either by mistake, or worse, intentionally.

Overall: Hanoi is a great place, but it was even greater because of Luxury Backpackers. At the end of the day of long walking and getting lost, Luxury Backpackers is nothing but home away from home!!!! ♥♥♥♥

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
LuxuryBPK, Tổng giám đốc at Luxury Backpackers Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Gilbert ,

I' am Mr David Le General Manager of Luxury Backpackers, On behalf of Luxury Backpackers hotel like to extend my profound thanks to you and chose to use hotel room services our company. While using our services, thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor.com , your sincere advice will help us improve the company over. We're happy to serve you and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely people, greats dorms,
Awesome food, personal is more than happy to help you out with any quetions. I booked my tours with them and everything was well arenged. Sam is the man the helped me out.
The place to go! :)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Giles P ,

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We had a perfect stay in luxury backpackers. James helped us out with trips to ha long bay (4star partycruise, witch was amazing). Also with the bus to Sapa. We had a privateroom witch was very clean. Really recommend this place!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Corien M ,

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Found me a bed, found me laundry service andddd just cut off my combination lock for me that stopped working. Nice people!

Rooms have curtains, blow dryers, andddd hot showers.

They can also plan tours for you if ou want to travel around the area.

James is awesome!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Nicbafsroams ,

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The staff at luxury backpacker was so awesome and helpful with planning our time in Hanoi!!! James and Erik were so nice and made sure we got to see and do everything we wanted. It was a great trip. We went to Halong bay and Erik and James set the whole thing up for us, bus transportation, food, kayaks, it was incredible! The hostel was really clean! Felt like a hotel! Definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends