“TERRIBLE”
Review of Halo Hotel

Halo Hotel
Ranked #33 of 1,000 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Do not come here for a massage. Went with my brother and husband, it started off looking nice from the outside but then a list of things happened.
1. They don't speak propper English, understandable but doesn't help when you don't know what to do.
2. No foot wash, I had disgusting feet, not nice for a massage
3. Payed a premium price for a dodgy massage parlour.
4. No music in the room, just the aircon sound.
5. I was separated from the others and had no idea what was going on, was very uncomfortable!
6. The lady spoke several times during the massage loudly on the phone.
7. The lady left half way through and left the door wide open.
8. The room was bright and no Atmosphere at all.
9. There was no place to lock our stuff away. Scary when you have money!
10. A lady came in half way (silently and sneaky) and all I could think about was if I was being robbed.
11. The stones were way too hot, and I wasn't even asked if they were okay.
12. The massage was fairly nice but a different place would be highly recommended for a better experience at the same price.
13. When the massage finished the lady met me outside to then ask for a tip. I felt so uncomfortable and as she stared at me I felt obligated to give her one. She still stayed and stared at me while on her phone.
13. They also asked my brother for a happy ending which I find disgusting.

I would highly recommend not going here as it wasn't a proper massage parlour, the rooms were terrible, the staff non professional and the place unsafe.

Not good -100/100

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Great little place in a great spot. Was very impressed when i booked in as it was 3am. The guy actually made up a bed behind the reception desk to wait for me. When i went down for breakfast at 8am, there he was on duty. I gave him a good tip which he was grateful for. Room was functional and clean. Street noise early in the morning was a bit much but then again when you stay in the heart of the city with a window view you have to expect that. Staff more than helpful. Will stay again

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the rear of the hotel, not street view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I have stayed in this hotel several time. Though small, you get the basic amenities for a fair price. It is located just a few steps from Ben Thanh market, restaurants, and fruit stalls. The staff are very friendly and helpful. You'll feel safe staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are a bit larger
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I stayed here in September 2016 with my girlfriends for 2 nights. The rooms we booked were their basic so it was just enough to fit our two big luggage. The bathroom had a massive round bathtub and was clean. This was a budget stay and for the price paid, I was very happy with it. Its located opposite the street hawker stalls and a few steps away from the Ben Thanh market so location can't be faulted. My gf and I booked a massage here and it was so good we both fell asleep. Overall, If i was travelling with my friends again, I'll come back.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The hotel staff are friendly, especially the supervisor, she helps us to solve our issues well. An area of improvement for the hotel is that there should be a wider variety of breakfast. Overall, it is a pleasant stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: Easily accessible to Ben Thanh Market
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Ericaosaka, Người quản lý at Halo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Charmaineocm,
Greetings from Halo hotel and thank you for providing your opinion about the stay with us.
First of all I would like thank for wide explanation about your experience, this feedback is very important for us, as it helps us to continue improving in our service.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you one day and I remain at your entire disposal for any further comment :)
Best Regard!