“Very interesting”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$116.00*
and up
Half-Day Tour of Ho Chi Minh City on Restored...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Very interesting to learn about that kind of medecine. Fun too to see all the mixtures for every possible problem. Unique. We recommend it

All reviews
in 47 reviews
"artifacts"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 1 June 2017

This museum is privately owned. I walked from district one to reach this place. Apparently you will see less of pedestrian walk and convenience store along the way.
Entrance fee is quite expensive for small attraction. However they have wide selection of collection. It also has beautiful small garden on the top.
In the end you will enjoy tea serving. I have a young man to guide us, and he's gone for lunch without us giving him any tips yet (if you read it, we're sorry lad, you were nowhere to be found).
No bus nearby and taxi also hard to find. I used grab/uber to go back. And don't expect to have some eatery nearby except for rarely local canteen.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

DO NOT GO...

I've lived in Vietnam for more than two years. This was the worst museum and I would never recommend this place (coming from someone who studies herbs and medicine)

I came with my family with the interest in learning more about herbs and natural healing. This place was the furthest place than what I was seeking. I can't believe it is rated the #16th most recommended place to travel in Saigon. What a joke... upon viewing old medicine tools and pottery with mislabeled captions, three of us started feeling really heavy, scratchy throats, and just weak. It is difficult to say exactly why, but as clear as I can be, it feels like trapped energy (bad feng shui), black magic, and a musty environment. It was incredibly expensive for a museum in Vietnam and was not worth even 50,000 VND. FITO is a pharmaceutical company who I guess sponsored or opened that museum and they sell all their products on the ground level after you finish.

1  Thank Kokokawa
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely building with 5 floors full of artifacts and interesting information about Vietnamese traditional medicine. As a nutrition student I really enjoyed learning all about the natural approach to medicine and my partner (who doesn't really care for it) managed to also find it interesting and enjoyed looking around the quaint building. Came to under £5 each and you have the option of a free tour or looking around alone with information cards. It's very quiet and the staff are lovely and don't put any pressure on you to buy the lovely teas and vitamins they sell at the end although I had to treat myself to some mushroom and lotus tea.