IPeace Hotel
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$154
US$109
  • Pool
Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$51
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$130
US$93
Trip.com
  • Pool
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$126
US$64
US$91
US$78
  • Pool
Silverland Central Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$58
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Alagon Western Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$41
US$36
  • Breakfast included
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$320
US$272
Hotels.com
All reviewspham ngu laoben thanh marketspeak good englishtravel agenciesbudget hotelwalking distancerooms are cleanreunification palacebackpackersalleyrefrigeratorwesternersreceptionistinternetdistrict
Reviewed 14 January 2017

The room I stayed in was very simple with no window provided but it was clean and spacious enough for a short term stay. More importantly, it's located right in the middle of all the action and quiet enough for when you want a break.

Room Tip: backpackers district, central location
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

This is the worst ever hotel I ever stayed in Ho Chi Minh for 2016. Will definitely won't be staying there anymore.

Currently there is new construction work beside the hotel so please sleep early if you plan to stay there as you won't be able to sleep well whenever the construction work done. The worst part is the hotel never give any prior notice. If I knew about it I won't be staying there.

The room size is definitely smaller than their picture. I never expect the room to be that small as their photo shows that their room is quite spacious. My fault for fall on their pictures. Beside, the sound prove of the hotel is bad that I can hear clearly my neighbour conversation early in the morning. Lucky I dint go back early every night if not I will be hearing happy ending sound from them every night which I guess will hunt me for the rest of my life.

No free mineral water provided by hotel management. Although mineral water consider cheap in Ho Chi Minh but from all the hotel that I stay, most of them do provide their guests with at least 1 free bottles of mineral water per guest.

There are two good things about the hotel. No1 is their location which located near to Bui Vien, again because the construction site is currently on going, don't expect that you can party whole night and still will be able to get decent sleep in the morning because you will never will. Another things is you will be able to grab food easily as there are lots of restaurant nearby.

Thanks.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel is fine, beds comfy and in a good location.

The down sides are:

- Building work next door is very noisy. Tried to sleep in the day as jetlagged but no joy. Drilling and banging. The building is also just going up so going to be like that for quite some time.

- Rooms a bit dank and humid smelling. Quite dark, one week spotlight in the bathroom and only two in the bedroom

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2017

My friend and I stayed for few days in early Dec16. And here's my review

LOCATION
Very good! At the back alley, off Pham Ngu Lao street (backpackers' area) - so it is right at where the main activities are yet still rather quiet coz not directly facing the main street.
Easy access to : travel agencies/bus companies to arrange your tour, night life area, food, 10 mnt walk to Ben Thanh market.
Then from Ben Thanh market, another 5-15 mnts to all those important tourist places at District 1: Independence/Reunification Palace, War Remnant Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office, City Hall, Nguyen Hue Walking Street

SERVICE / INTERNET/ NOISE
- The 2 recept girls are really good. They are nice, very helpful, speak good English.
- Just one thing, the internet on level 6 wasn't working well, we reported, they tried to fix but wasn't still working. Interestingly, we could connect to level 5 internet, it was working well
- Sometimes you can hear a bit of sounds/people's voices from the corridor. Also at the moment the hotel is next to a construction work, so when they start working in the morning you can hear all the commotion. Apart from that, night time is okay, there's no noisy bar next to the hotel or something like that - short walk to night life area but safe distances from the main noises in the other part of Bui Vien street. If you are not that sensitive to sounds, you'll be fine, plus you'll be out whole day anyway :)

GOOD VALUE FOR $$
For me, it's a good budget hotel and don't mind to come back again. My experience when extending my stay, you can bargain a bit so slightly cheaper than Agoda. Good value for $$

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2016

i literally had just got off the bus from the airport, tired and sweaty and clueless about where to go. just tried the 1st place i saw and man i got lucky. got a small(ish) room from the very sweet girl on the reception for $20, good aircon, excellent hot shower and a comfortable bed, all i needed really.decided to stay a coupla more nights, and although my room was already booked, they gave me an upgrade to a much bigger room for a discount, ($28pn). again, great shower, comfy bed, aircon, minibar etc. they took care of all my laundry, pointed me in the right direction for some good food and fun bars, and even sorted out my onwards journey, booking me my train tickets and organizing me a cab to the station. so, really friendly, helpful and efficient, and their doorman, phong, is a legend, make time to have a few beers with him if you have time.....

Room Tip: Higher floors are no problem, the lift is quick and phong will carry any parcels/bags you have no problem
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo