“Dim sum yum”

Yu Chu
Ranked #448 of 4,385 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Translated as “Emperor Kitchen,” Yu Chu is InterContinental Saigon’s signature restaurant located on the first floor. The restaurant marries contemporary style, polished surroundings and culinary spectacle with authentic Cantonese and Peking cuisine. As diners look on, our skillful chefs prepare hand-pulled noodles, fresh Dim Sum and hot wok dishes within the open, impeccably designed show kitchen.
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

I haven't been an aficionado of dim sum, only having it a few times in my life. My friend loves it and so after having a dinner here the first night we hit HCMC, we ventured here again for lunch before our flight home in the early evening. Set Dim Sum lunch is £468,800 including tea and a soft drink. Great choice but 'all you can eat' menu is a killer, £14 worth of food and drink with the small food mountain we tried to consume is very good value for money for a Londoner. I presume that proportionately it's pricey for HCMC but lovely air con and gorgeous toilets are the added bonus. I would say that whether you are going for lunch or dinner make sure you're hungry, I mean very hungry. We had had very little breakfast and were starving but soon got full and wondered how we were going to fit all the array of dim sum into our Buddha bellies - we managed it! Luckily we have 3 hours to digest this before our flight.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

I am always weary of hotel restaurants but had been told that their Dim Sum was pretty good......it was not. Under cooked dumplings, burnt noodles, and lack lustre ingredients. Service was bumbling and inefficient. There only 5 other tables.
Sorry to be harsh I love my dim sum but this food was there worst take on it I have seen in ages.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

We needed a night 'in', and opted to eat at Yu Chu. The staff had very broken English, so it took a few tries to get the order correct. We almost bought 2 full bottles of wine vs. a glass. They were very nice, so have patience. With all the other choices down stairs and around the hotel, this wouldn't be my first choice, unless you really just need a night in.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Wife not well so nipped out for a quick Hotel meal. Found Yu Chu and a great value but even better all-you-can-eat-&-drink meal. Go try this if you are hungry, thirsty and enjoy great dim sum!

Reviewed 5 July 2015

Was their for a business dinner ..loved the service and food..my clients were all praising this restaurant and the service here. My personal recommendation here is the dimsums which were really unique and had a great selection to choose from