“Bustling Dim Sum Brunch in Cho Lon Saigon”

Tien Phat Dim Sum Restaurant
Ranked #566 of 3,929 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I arrived in the area to discover a very busy dim sum restaurant in the Cho Lon part of Saigon. I was asked if I wanted to be seated in the lower floor or the upper floo with air conditioning. I elected on the lower floor so I can have a better feel of the locale seen. After surveying the menu, I settled on steam shrimp rice roll, har gow, and shui mai, the traditional dim sum fare. I had added on an iced Vietnamese coffee as I was in Saigon. The food came immediately and hot. The steamed shrimp rice roll was fresh and flavor full. The har gow was as expected, I had added chili on top for some kick. The shui mai came in 3 varieties, and I had elected for the mixed meat and mixed veggies. It was also very reminiscent of Hong Kong cuisine.

After eating, I had a brief chat with the owner and it turns out they have been running this dim sum restaurant for over 20 years with many regulars coming in on weekends.

If in the area to visit the Guan Yin Temple or the Old Cify Temple, or if you are on the way to Cho Lon Bin Tay Market, I would recommend this dim sum restaurant as a nice stopping point to recharge on dim sum foods.

2  Thank Brian W

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent Honkong dimsum, good service and correct price. I order 1) steamed rice roll with scrimp 2) steamed minced pork-crab dumpling 3) steamed scrimp dumplings 4) deep-fries beancurd skin roll with scrimp 5) eggs tarts 6) steamed eggs past buns -- all are excellent!! I recommend this restaurant for family and friends meeting. It opens only in the morning (7-12 am).

Reviewed 1 September 2016

One of the best dim sum restaurant in Ho Chi Minh, opened only for breakfast and lunch. Simple decoration, good and efficient service.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Restaurant is good at Chinese decoration with yellow light, picture of flowers and birds. Wooden tables and chairs bring us the warmest atmosphere.
Many choices of dumpling, soup, noodles, fried cakes. 1 pot of tea is complimentary.
Steamed roll and soup are tasty. Sticky rice is too wet and salty.
The coconut cake is the best dessert, it is cold creamy gelatin cake.
Price is same as other Chinese restaurant.

1  Thank PHUONG N
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

The ambience makes you feel like in Hong Kong. The food is good at reasonable price. If you don't expect a fancy place to eat dimsum, this's surely the one.