See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

1 star is mainly for the bed. Unacceptable if it was free, truly the worst bed I have ever slept on in my life. The hotel was recommended by our hotel in Hanoi. The front desk staff didn't speak English, the Hanoi hotel staff made the reservation for us as a result. We were supposed to email and receive a confirmation, but again, after emailing we needed our Hanoi hotel to call again at the end of the day because they did not return our email, although they did confirm receiving it. It was cheap with paper thin walls, however for a few bucks more another hotel nearby was night and day. Breakfast (included) was decent so long as you get the BBH. It was clean. Bathroom was good. Air conditioning worked well. Staff smiled. Maybe just don't get room 404.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Just a 5-minute walk from the "backpacker center", this hotel is spacious, clean and comfortable. The receptionists are super friendly and eager to recommend places for you to see and things for you to do. The restaurant on the top floor is a nice touch also. Would definitely stay here if I visit Hue again!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ha Hai T
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I paid 32USD/night thinking I'd get a nice place. Nope. Hard beds, no breakfast, no hot water. The hotel I had booked next door was suit down for renovation and I arrived at 23h00 with no idea of other hotels in the area. Go elsewhere in the center.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located about 5-10 minute walk from the main cafe strip. It's well presented and the staff were very friendly.

The rooms are a good size, modern and clean. Also it was nice and quiet.

However, breakfast was really poor. I had beef pho which was overly lemon grass flavoured with an un identifiable lump of some kind of animal product in it. My friend had eggs and toast, and the eggs were cold and the toast was hard with a strange tasting dairy product on it. Also, the restaurant staff didn't speak English.

Apart from the food, the hotel was perfect for our short stay at only $24 per night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Let me start this review by saying that it was definitely my home away from home! I lived in Hue for over 1 year on a job there and for the first 5 months I tried several other hotels in Hue until I found the Thanh Uyen hotel. I stayed here for 8 months and I was very happy. The location was excellent, large room with modern decor, large clean modern bathroom, staff were accommodating and the roof-top cafe is excellent for lounging (best view in Hue). I like to stay in a quiet hotel to relax and this was a perfect hotel considering it was only 5 minutes walk to the tourist area.

It is very easy to catch a taxi at this location and you can rent a motorbike if you want to. Lots of restaurants nearby and only 5 minutes walk to the tourist area.

If you need anything, the staff or Paul (Manager) will be more then helpful. I will definitely stay there again next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo