Galliot Hotel(Nha Trang)
Hotels.com
US$142
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
MerPerle Hon Tam Resort(Nha Trang)
US$129
getaroom.com
US$873
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel is not anywhere near Nha Trang. Is more than 2 hrs drive from the airport, over 50 km from Nha Trang and over $70 to get there and back. The staff are confused to say the least. Taxis are difficult, management is absent and is very very very remote.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz N
Reviewed 16 August 2011

If you are looking for peace and quiet, this is you hotel. There is literally nothing to do around the area but some water sports. We enjoyed staying here for 4 days with our kids. The pool is great and so is the beach. Be aware to place your "do not distub" sign at your door or you will be woken up by housekeeping around 7 am to clean your room ( no joke). Restaurant is fine and the hotel staff is doing it's best to accommodate your needs.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Hktravel H
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The big hotel is modern and clean, the pool lovely and the views over the grounds beautiful. the sea is the south china sea and not the best for swimming, but you are where you are.

staff do not seem to know what is going on, unfortuantely we do not speak vietnamese we tried english, spanish, french, german, scandinavian but not much understanding was going on. i think there were 2 members of staff in total who understood, oh well,it ended up being a bit of joke and we learnt a little vietnamese at the end.

the stroll along the beachis fun, come out of the resort facing the sea and turn left. after 10 minutes you will get to a fish market which good for people watching and eating. you can take your food to the industrial looking almost abandoned "eating area" for a slice of Vietnamese fishing folk . BUT better than this come out of the hotel face the beach and head right after 5 minutes you get to another smaller fish market, they also cook the food for you and you can eat in the eating area OVERLOOKING the sea! lovely delicious fresh caught fish.

when we stayed at the resort (4 days) it was over the New Year and there were many activities and "cultural" events on which seemed forced so we did not attend, bought fish had it cooked and ate on our balconies overlooking sea and moonlight. Fabulous New Year! very romantic.

i would reccomend the hotel if you ant to get away and just relax, you can see some fishing life but not much in the way of vietnam is here, it feels very corporate. the rooms were large and clean and lovely to sleep in listening to the sea at night. greta massage in the hotel spa. although it took us 2 visits and 5 members of staff to book the appointments as they repaeted that they were closed when we could see by the diary that they were open that day. we got there in the end thanks to some language help. i feel embaressed not speaking the local language when i travel and ashamed that everyone is supposed to speak english.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SLEEPYHENS
Reviewed 30 October 2010

The hotel and the room was nice and clean. Ok staff but the breakfast was not worth, bad food to me so I just do it once at the hotel. You can find many other restaurants surround the hotel with fresh food with affordable price around 7-10USD, tasty and very delicous sea food.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank hanchae
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I choose this resort after my business trip in Nha Trang city, to relax and also enjoy Chinese New Year. I did not book in advance so I called them and asked if they have rooms available, and the receptionist was like "yes yes please come...". So I gave them my mobile number in case there is any change.
When I came, I wanted to see the room first, but they told me it was full and asked me to wait until 3 pm for check-out rooms... I was mad, of course, because it took me 1 hour from Nha Trang to White Sands, and I never received any calls from them to inform me! Time is money, they have to know that!
I had lunch in their restaurant while waiting. The food is not good at all, cold and carelessly decorated. Maybe it was during Chinese New Year so everyone was too busy to take care their guest? The waiter ignored me when I needed anything, also I did not get any clear explanation from them about the menu items...
The room they promise me "big & comfortable" turned out to be too small and no bath tub available. I refused to stay and came back to reception, asked them if they know any hotels nearby, he just stared at me and say "Sorry, I don't know".

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo