“Intourist for the tourist in Baku!”

Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection
Ranked #14 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very lovely modern hotel situated closely to the boulevard walkway. Facing the seaside with the iconic ferris wheel flickering it's lights in the evening. Great Resto bar with a lovely evening terrace offering local and international eats and hookah pipes. Breakfast provides a variety of options for your choosing. Bedrooms are modern with great showers and good water pressure, room service is acceptable and quick. A few of the rooms face the tv tower opposite to seaside and visible from the balcony. The hotel is not quite close to the city center but walking distance to the boulevard, carpet museum, mini venice and funicular taking you up to the flame towers overlooking Baku. Spa, gym available however no pool. Great value for money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Intourist H, General Manager at Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.
Thank you for staying at the Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Baku.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We spent almost 5 nights in this hotel when we reached Baku and at the end after different destinations we were back to same hotel as a final end. I was cool, quite, and has nice view in front of the sea. Staff were very nice, cooperative, helpful except one receptionist she was rude. The breakfast has variety of food, fresh, clean, tidy and has good service. Easy access to the shopping centers.

Room Tip: check the room from the beginning and you have the right to change it. Highest floors to stay away f...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Intourist H, General Manager at Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, however we also noticed that there were several missed opportunities regarding the service.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2017

So, let's start with first disappointment. No Airport Shuttle. In a city which barely speaks English, this should be a provided service by all hotels.
The hotel is a boutique hotel, with good modern interiors and rooms, albeit I found the room a bit small for my taste. I informed the reception rather discreetly that I have come in for my honeymoon and I would greatly appreciate if they could enhance the experience for me. What I had expected was perhaps a room with a good view, or at least some kind of special experience for us as a couple.After check-in we freshened up and went out to the city, I secretly hoping there'll be a great surprise for my wife when we return. And there it was, in my room, a cake. That's it. For a 5* hotel, that's a bit low standard according to me, and I myself come from 5* background for the past decade.
There's no minibar, the coffee is almost ignorable, not even basic cutlery. Missing dental kit in the bathroom, no refills of basic toiletries unless we specifically called to ask for it.
Second Day is when things got worse. Our bathroom WC faucet started leaking water and there was a puddle pool of water all over the bathroom floor and the floor mat was soaking wet and we promptly informed the reception when we were leaving for our city tour for the day. When we came back in the evening, sure, it was clean and the mat changed and we thought that we the end of it.
Fast forward to day 3 and check out day morning. Apparently, they did a spit and clean job about the water leakage, they just cleaned and left. The next morning, the puddle was back, and not only that, the carpeting inside the room near the bathroom entrance was soaking wet as well. Immediately I called up Mr Ilkin who was the duty manager, who came in with maintenance team and a housekeeping team and did offer us to change rooms, and agreed that whoever cleaned the day before did a banged up job.
It didn't make sense to us to change rooms as we were going to be checking out in a few hours, but couldn't they have offered the same on the previous day when we put in the complaint the first time. And when we were checking out and brought this to the notice of the receptionist, her name I believe is JALA, there was no concern. There was an apology and such, but it didn't seem genuine.
Their breakfast menu is nothing unique, it is a completely continental one with the usual fare of omelettes, eggs, sausages, and such. No authentic local breakfast whatsoever, highly disappointing.
It has everything a five-star hotel has, but only on the outside and only looks wise, service wise, I'd say it's a 2 or a 3 star. Highly and extremely disappointing.
Surely never returning back ever.

Room Tip: Go only for Seaside rooms, if at all you cant avoid staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your time for leaving detailed feedback in regards to your recent stay at Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection.
Please be advised that there is shuttle bus from the airport to the city center only, and you may take the direct to the hotel.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Baku.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

You wonder why this hotel is the cheapest 5 star hotel in Baku?? Because its not a 5 star hotel!! Nothing in this hotel match the standards, no valet parking, no concierge, no one to open the car door or to help you with the luggage, they only send the security guy to take the luggage after i told them, there is no even a mini bar in the room!! Not a piece of kitkat .. the hotel interior was amazing to be honest .. but it takes much more than the interiors to be a 5 star.
My terrible experience started when i emailed the hotel 1 day before my arrival, telling them that i will be arriving around 4 am (so they can make my check in smooth), i also requested a baby crib for my daughter, I got no reply. on the check in there was only 1 receptionist ( out of only 2 disks), and there was a big family checking in, we had to wait too long since the had a problem in their booking. In the room there was no crib for the daughter and when i call to request it they told these is no available cribs now they will try tomorrow. Second also I requested a crib and they told me they will try to provide it by the evening, but nothing happened we had to stay for the second night without the crib, this made our sleep very uncomfortable also for the daughter.

third day we went out and we came back at around 4 pm to found our room non cleaned even though we had the (make up the room) sign, so we requested from the reception to send the room service but they kept telling me they are coming , they came after 1:30 hour after we call them several times and after i got down and complain to the duty manager about it. This really ruined the day because our plan was to rest a little bit then to get out before the sunset, but we couldnt because the toilet has to be cleaned (my daughters diapers :) ) , so until they make up the room the time was already late.
Fourth day was even more terrible :) i went to the lobby at 11 with my daughter, they told me the breakfast buffet is closed but i can order from the menu, so i sat there waiting for someone to look after me, but then i discovered that there was only one waiter to serve the half full restaurant!! I had to wait for exactly 25 minutes untill he brought the menu and he explained to me that there is no more breakfast menu, now starts the dinner menu. So i irdered a coffee and french fries for my daughter and i asked him to bring it quickly because she is starving (she was crying actually). 45 minutes later i had to go to the reception, call the manager and complain about the delay, that time only the food arrived !! Its like you have to complain about everything!
Last day I requested a late check out (for one hour only) and they refused like it is an impossible thing!! I've been to 43 hotels around the world, 42 of them is 5 stars and i never wrote a review about a hotel in my life even though i had some bad experience, but for this time i think every one must be aware and never go for the cheap rate, because this hotel will literally ruin ur stay.
And for the hotel management i prefer if you dont reply, because i read most of your reply its like a copy-paste with the same apology and wishing me a better stay next time, there will never be a next time!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Intourist H, General Manager at Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and willing to assist as much as they can ! I loved staying here , the rooms are clean, the staff were nice and the food was good. However the only downside is the location it is not near places as I thought it was( so not walking distance ) .

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Intourist H, General Manager at Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear "lolitazzz"

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to leave a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at the Intourist Hotel.

We are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay highlighting your dining experience and excellent location. It also gives us a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our property.
Please note that your ratings and comments are very important for us and are shared with our team for encouragement and improvement.

Yours sincerely,