“Very Bad Hospitality”
Review of Times Hotel

Times Hotel
Reviewed 21 November 2011

First xperience n xpectation FAILED. Mgmnt doesnt even know how to respect their customers.no point of made a booking earlier just a waste of time where they dont acknowledge u well. very bad service even the supervisor doesnt know how to overcome the situation. jz bcoz this hotel closest to my course office otherwise i dont bother f i knw this kind of treatment. not recommended at all.shud replaced the unethical mgmnt for better future or do some intensive training for these poorly skill staff.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank mzro

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Spent 1 night at Times Hotel Brunei. The airport transfer pick up did not turn up as arranged even though the hotel is just 5 mins away! Luckily our local friend spoke to the management and we got a refund for the taxi fare.
Used the swimming pool and was told we had to use the towel from the room and when we asked for fresh & clean towels afterwards, we were told by housekeeping that we would be charged for it but front of desk staff sorted it out.
The manager was supposedly in a meeting when we checked out, so we didn't get to chat with him.
They seriously need to get their act together. My next stay in Brunei WON'T be Times Hotel. I can guarantee that.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wong-Star
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Times is brand new (opened in June I think) so all the rooms and facilities are in excellent condition. We stayed here overnight between our RBA flight from Singapore and our flight back to Melbourne. Its about a 5minute drive from the airport and the room rate included complimentary transfers to and from the airport.
We were lucky enough to take advantage of their opening specials and paid about $80 including breakfast – great value in Brunei! Not sure Id want to pay full price though. We slept well - the bed was very comfortable and there's nothing around the hotel to even make noise. We didnt have enough time for a swim but we did check out the pool. Looked good enough for a dip but there's no shade so I wouldnt recommend swimming in the hottest part of the day.The location is perfect for a transit stop - so close to the airport and co-located with a new shopping centre.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aussie_traveller63
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed here for two nights because it located just next to the building where our business partner's office was. Also I wanted to try it out as this hotel is quite new. I was put at a room on level three. The room is spacious with a queen size bed. Pillows are hard though. But the worst is the faulty circuit breaker box in the closet. It kept tripping although I switched off all the lights in the room. First night I didn't know it was the circuit breaker problem, I thought it was the air-con and the water heater in the bath room that caused it. So I turned them off as well, but it didn't solve the problem. The breaker box just kept tripping with the noises every 15~20 minutes. However I was quite tired the first night so I just ignored the noise caused by these trippings. It happened in the second night again. I was woken up by the noises at about 3+ in the early morning. But this time I managed to switch off all the switches on the breaker box after a few trials and errors. Eventually the tripping stopped. The whole experience of staying here was not pleasant at all!!! I did inform the clerk at the counter when I checked out. Hope that they would get it fixed and will not cause other future guests to be suffered. One good thing was that the internet speed is quite ok. Perhaps it is due to the wi-fi access point just outside my room. My colleague said his wireless internet speed was terribly slow. One last thing, the ceiling-hanging shower did not work! But luckily the normal mixer shower is working fine. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel for business stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank chioi1922_2
Reviewed 4 March 2011

on staycation with family, hotel on soft opening with promotional rates. located within Times Shopping Centre, with Giant supermarket as anchor tenant, and a foodcourt offering a wide choice of menu. also other restaurants and fastfood outlets.

neighbouring properties under various stages of development, will be a fully-fledged commercial centre.

walking distance from airport, hotel has free shuttle service. airport taxi should charge only $2 if they want the business! ideal for those on stopovers and do not want to be stuck at the airport.

what is needed is a shuttle bus or light-rail service to airport, RBA Golf Club & Sports Complex, serusop, bandar and gadong.

hotel concierge should ideally be located at main entrance to Times Sq Shopping Centre to give a better first impression to guests upon arrival vs a parking lot main frontage!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business