“Yum Yum Yum”
Review of Le Broken Plate

Le Broken Plate
Ranked #151 of 1,652 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 22 January 2018

So the Owner Narith kindly managed to squeeze us in for 4 at the last minute, after I got my wires crossed on the number of people for dinner. As with a restaurant of this style and nature I asked him to order for us and we ended up having this tasting menu with everything you can imagine. The seafood was delicous and the sake wasn't bad either. I would suggest this is a secret little place until the word gets out, but damn the food was so good I have to rave about it. Thanks again for your Hospitality!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Some friends bring us to that place and that was the best salmon I've ever eat. Everything is delicious and the people are really pleasant. And it's a pleasure to speak French with the boss and he is really good to give some advice. Thanks a lot.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I decided at the last minute to go to the Broken Plate: it was the best decision I made, culinary, here in Phnom Penh. It's hard to give a real idea with words, what kind of restaurant I'm talking about. The best thing to do and go there when you are in the city. The menu is one: you can eat 7 or 9 or 11 courses. The chef / owner is the attraction of the restaurant, standing behind the counter and talking a great english during his work (cut sashimi and put on the plate the main dish coming from the kitchen,serving the wine at the counter) can chat with clients, making the evening interesting, succeeding in creating some complicity between him and the customer.
He plays the first violin and his team supports him magnificently during his concert and the client has his own to do, eating the abundant portions and also chatting with him during a break, between one dish and another.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Having introduced by our friend, we had dinner there to celebrate my BD last night. The foods were just fabulous. You could either order sets or individual course. We chose set menu (11 dishes) which has mixed of seafood, grills and local specialties. The Chef (I think he is also the owner) is welcoming and has pleasant personality. We would definitely come back again using taxi or Uber given the restaurant's compact parking space.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I think my fourth visit over the past month plus. Pleased we made a reservation as definitely needed these days. Chef Narith is the consummate host while juggling is magic in the kitchen, which is basically in front of you if you book the counter seats.
Because it is busy this is a one seating place so come to enjoy the evening rather than a quick in and out.

The surf and turf combination platter is a must, is a mystery based on the days produce, however take it! For regulars you can have your bottlekeep which is a fun reason to return.

Looking forward to my next meal and evening!