“Wonderful place for a vegan family!”
Review of The Vegetarian

The Vegetarian
Ranked #157 of 1,612 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Cuisines: Cambodian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breezy, comfortable and friendly restaurant serving wholesome Asian and Western cuisine with all natural, healthy, and fresh vegetarian ingredients. The price range is from US$1.50-$4.00. Moved from Street 200 in Aug 2012 and have merged with The Treez Recipe which is now also The Vegetarian. Price: Inexpensive Vegan-friendly, Organic, Asian, Western, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We have lived in Phnom Penh for over a year. We can’t recommend this restaurant highly enough it is fantastic!
We have found the staff very friendly and since we have become regular customers they always remember our favourite dishes and offer us a real personal service!
The environment is very relaxing and clean and you can choose to sit inside or outside under the palms.
We have tried everything off of the menu. All really tasty, we have discovered our favourite’s. My husband loves the papaya salad and deep fried tofu, my daughter the tomato spaghetti and I like so much but my favourite if I had to choose would be the Khmer curry. Or maybe Mun Fan which is a huge portion for $2 and you can ask for fresh chillis if you want to spice it up!
The juices are fresh and delicious and you will always be given free complimentary water with lime.
The price for meals start at $ 2 for a meal.
We love this place.
Thank you for the delicious food we will miss you when we move on soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I really love its atmosphere and natural decoration. Very quiet and peaceful. Food is fine with good price.

However, waitresses are so unwelcome. Don’t even share a smile to us. It seems like they really look down on us. Maybe they think we’re Cambodian, not deserve to eat at their place.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs. Found this place through Lonely Planet and I'm considering throwing that guide out based on this recommendation. The "grilled eggplant with tomato and peanut" I ordered was bitter eggplant covered in lukewarm canned tomatoes and three peanuts. The eggplant was so bitter and raw I could not even eat it. I thought I'd give them a chance to rectify and they said "no this is what you ordered." The peanut curry my friend ordered was watery and tasteless. The coconut banana dessert was just that- banana chopped in coconut milk with sugar. They served it hot, and when I said I ordered it cold they brought out some ice, so it was watered down and lukewarm. Unbelievable. Even the green tea was bitter! Lonely Planet what are you up to. All this for $10. So disappointed and annoyed. See photo of the "dessert".

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Would eat there again. Only vegetarian dishes! Wonderful in a nice atmosphere and the dishes are quite cheap too!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We only went in for a small snack and ended up ordering half of the menu. We only wish we would have discovered them earlier in our stay.